• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Signage - BHG facility

wrearick

was dropping off a friend and saw this sign posted on the door of the Behavior Health Group entrance. From what I can find BGH is a privately owned company and so I assume their facility would not be owned or rented by the federal government. I did not have a chance to go in and ask what federal law would apply here?

29ptg2a.jpg

5krt3l.jpg

Attachments

• 20170726_072727.jpg
    20170726_072727.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170726_072722.jpg
    20170726_072722.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 25

The Wolfhound

Most curious

I think they are stretching, but in theory ALL of their customers are "Prohibited Persons" since they deal with drug addicted (thus prohibited) persons. By this definition the statement is of course over broad. It is not as far as I can tell, accurate to the general (non-prohibited) public. Scare tactics without teeth is my interpretation. IANAL, YMMV
Aren't all "Illicit Drugs" illegal by Federal law already?
I am not sure if you can actually ban alcohol from anywhere. Even in jails it has true uses that do not involve consumption. Control it, perhaps.

Last edited:

Thundar

Wow. Claims sure do not seem valid. Putting aside for just a moment the firearms claim, what possible federal alcohol law pertains to possession in a private clinic not on federal property?

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I called their office (757-962-0748) to ask what federal law they are referencing by their sign, but their office is closes on weekdays at 1:00 p.m. From their VM and website, I infer that they are a "dosing center" that gives out maintenance and detoxification meds to treat opioid and cocaine addiction.

Last edited:

wrearick

While waiting to pick up my passenger after her "session" I did see a security guard patrolling the area. Unlike a lot of rent a cops this one was outfitted with ballistic vest and side arm.

The sign struck me as being baseless and as useful as a sign saying "caution, by imperial decree, you are entering a crime free zone"

Last edited: