• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

confused on car carry

walleyeguy88

I have my ccw in Wisconsin. can I "open carry" in a vehicle in Wisconsin if I have a ccw? more so wondering about carrying with a revolver chest rig from one hunting location to another if I ever needed to. or if I can wear a gun on my hip with an OWB holster without anything concealing the handgun with a shirt or anything.

when trying to search all I find is that it is not legal, but doesn't mention if I have a ccw... cannot clearly find an answer on this. thanks

walleyeguy88

Just kind of dumb then... why can I have a loaded gun anywhere in my vehicle except on my person? I could have it in center console or mounted below steering wheel.

protias

Franky

I have my ccw in Wisconsin. can I "open carry" in a vehicle in Wisconsin if I have a ccw? more so wondering about carrying with a revolver chest rig from one hunting location to another if I ever needed to. or if I can wear a gun on my hip with an OWB holster without anything concealing the handgun with a shirt or anything.

when trying to search all I find is that it is not legal, but doesn't mention if I have a ccw... cannot clearly find an answer on this. thanks

I see you mention hunting, perhaps you are getting confused by the regs printed in various WI DNR hunting pamphlets. A few key words are easily overlooked.