• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC forum member

Hello everyone! I am TheButchersWife. New here. Just received my LTC in the mail Monday. I am excited to learn and discuss! I will admit I haven't looked at all the forums in depth, but was wondering if there was a women's forum?

Thanks! Have a great day!

MamaLiberty

Hello everyone! I am TheButchersWife. New here. Just received my LTC in the mail Monday. I am excited to learn and discuss! I will admit I haven't looked at all the forums in depth, but was wondering if there was a women's forum?

Not too many women here, or at least not too many who post. But the gentlemen here (and even some of the not so gentle) are usually not too difficult to deal with. :) We could probably create a "women's forum" here, but we'd be pretty lonesome. LOL Jump on in, and talk with everyone here. If you are honest, ask questions and are willing to ignore the occasional dumb answers... you might find a lot of good information here. I've been visiting the forum more often lately, and will always be glad to talk. I'm retired as a certified NRA instructor, after ten years, and would love to engage in discussions unique to lady people of the gun. Welcome to our ranks! We're glad to have you.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Welcome. I'm from Virginia, but moved here from TX.
My daughter in TX is an open-carry advocate (and actually open carries at work in Austin a few blocks from the capital), but isn't on this forum.

As grapeshot mentioned, there are a lot of women-only forums, but not one here.

This forum is probably the best I've ever found at truly discussing laws - how they are and (way too often) how someone wishes it should be - with citations and analyses. There is a wealth of information here if you can wade through the non-gun-related posts that assume every gun owner thinks the same on every other issue as well. You can't beat the level of knowledge, you just have to find it.