• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryclubjoe

I have a simple solution to the statue controversy. Sell the statues to private persons to erect on private property. The cities, and states make some money, and the snowflakes have to still see the statues, and there would be nothing they could do, but close their eyes.

Also for every statue taken down, put up 10 billboards with image of the statue. This nonsense would stop fast.

Believe me Sir, there is not in the United States a man who more cordially loves the white race more than I do. But by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield a connection to the alt-right, white supremacy proposes concerning bigotry and hatred. I think I speak the sentiments of Most Americans.

CCJ

countryclubjoe

If anyone here agrees with the words in post #8, please stand and be held accountable.

I will go on record, I denounce such blasphemous rhetoric and I will not allow such to go un-rebutted..

WE ARE MUCH BETTER THAN SUCH INVIDIOUS RHETORIC...

MY .02
CCJ

countryclubjoe

Getting back on topic... The young idiot that plowed his vehicle into the crowd may in fact be charged with a hate crime...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few of those statues that Mr.WW suggested folks to purchase( see post #8) on his property.

It appears the young NE'er-do- Well from Ohio was a liegeman of Hitler and the nazi ideology.

" Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep"..

My .02
CCJ

RadBanker

I was open carrying with the counter demonstrators. Tons of open carry on both sides, including about 20 long guns from Redneck Revolt, and a similar number from Threepers. I was also about 7 feet from the car attack when it happened and my comrades were first on the scene providing aid to victims. AMA I guess.

countryclubjoe

I was open carrying with the counter demonstrators. Tons of open carry on both sides, including about 20 long guns from Redneck Revolt, and a similar number from Threepers. I was also about 7 feet from the car attack when it happened and my comrades were first on the scene providing aid to victims. AMA I guess.

The news outlets Fox, CNN, MSNBC did not report much on open carry... CNN did mention that open carry was legal in Virginia..
Good report Sir!

My .02
CCJ

2OLD2W8

If anyone here agrees with the words in post #8, please stand and be held accountable.

I will go on record, I denounce such blasphemous rhetoric and I will not allow such to go un-rebutted..

WE ARE MUCH BETTER THAN SUCH INVIDIOUS RHETORIC...

MY .02
CCJ

I'm standing CCJ. I wholeheartedly agree with post #8. Your petulance is most amusing!!

scooter348

Where in my post did I call anyone a KKK member? Post #8 is clearly more poisonous than my redress..

The text of post number eight sounds like the rhetoric of those white supremacy ignorant folks that espouse hate everywhere they go..

" Believe me Sir, there is not in the United States a man who more cordially loves the white race more than I do. But by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield a connection to the alt-right, white supremacy proposes concerning bigotry and hatred. I think I speak the sentiments of Most Americans"..

CCJ

For pete's sake, please seek professional help.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
First off, I believe this thread has gone way far afield of the rules of civility. Just my opinion.

Second, all this was, was two political extremist groups who were intent on causing mayhem. And a local government who was going to allow to happen.

We have a President who condemned it ALL, yet, that does not satisfy either side. Both sides want his praise, so they can criticize him. And because he didn't take sides everyone criticizes him. In effect, nothing new here; 241 years of politics as usual.

RadBanker

First off, I believe this thread has gone way far afield of the rules of civility. Just my opinion.

Second, all this was, was two political extremist groups who were intent on causing mayhem. And a local government who was going to allow to happen.

We have a President who condemned it ALL, yet, that does not satisfy either side. Both sides want his praise, so they can criticize him. And because he didn't take sides everyone criticizes him. In effect, nothing new here; 241 years of politics as usual.

Since when is standing up to literal armed Nazis a politically extreme position?

solus

CoL, well said.

thanks, for saying it.

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Posted by color of law

Since when is standing up to literal armed Nazis a politically extreme position?
It is clear that you have a reading comprehension problem.

Last edited:

HPmatt

I have a simple solution to the statue controversy. Sell the statues to private persons to erect on private property. The cities, and states make some money, and the snowflakes have to still see the statues, and there would be nothing they could do, but close their eyes.

Also for every statue taken down, put up 10 billboards with image of the statue. This nonsense would stop fast.

I like the idea of towns getting something of diminished value for the statues. Towns would probably need to make parkland does not revert if UDC or Sons of Confederate Veterans if they dedicated the land and statues. It reminds me of the Moscow Fallen Monument Park where old Lenin/USSR statues can be viewed - however these were truly genocidal monsters, whereas only a tiny % of confederate soldier were slaveowners. If you really want to get riled up against slavery - effort should be against slavery that exists right now in 2017 in Africa, the Middle East and probably other places not mentioned, rather than a successful war fought over 150 years ago. Haters are just trying to gin up hate, regardless of which side - like the Rolling Stones song.

https://www.dreamstime.com/editoria...ment-park-x-moscow-russia-march-image68650893

Would think the billboards c/b funded at same level as use of my tax dollars to infanticide being committed by Planned Parenthood - neither of which is legal under the US Constitution.

countryclubjoe

I'm standing CCJ. I wholeheartedly agree with post #8. Your petulance is most amusing!!

You fine it amusing that I repudiate the support of nazism and wish to erase any relics that remind folks of a horrible time in our country's history.

Your standing is well noted. Your honesty also. Regarding my petulance, it is difficult to be good-humored when an innocent young woman is murdered on our streets by a neo-nazi supporter.

My .02

CCJ

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Sorry, CJ, but I'm not here to provide :censored: material for your sophomoric shenanigans (which you've already admitted is your purpose here.) My replies in that vein are reserved for serious posters.

I would say that WW is a serious poster... Yet you have no opinion on his post number 8.. You either support his position or you oppose..
Please step up to the plate and be counted..

My .02
CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.