• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why does Franken have an A rating from GOA?

pkbites

Gun Owners of America has higher standards and is stricter than the NRA when rating our elected leaders.

Yet they gave Al Franken an A rating. WTF? :confused:

Franken has endorsed several anti RTKABA laws, including bans on "high" capacity magazines. Is that grade a typo?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Open Carry is legal but you must have a valid permit/license to carry to Open Carry in Minnesota.
That is why Al Franken supports the Minnesota's law because Minnesota can pull the license at any time.

These national organizations never dig below the surface. Even state organizations fail the look below the surface. One of my state organizations had endorsed a local scumbag for office. A few locals protested, including me, their support of her. She was clearly anti-gun. Even though she claimed to be republican, she believed the law didn't apply to her. She was so dirty I and one other sued her in federal court. The judge was even trying to protect her. But, in the end we prevailed. The state organization refused to withdraw their support. She was elected. Four tears later her true colors were exposed and she was voted out of office.

I don't follow endorsements, they are political propaganda.......

pkbites

I looked briefly on the GOA site for an explanation to no avail.

Do you agree with me that he seems to be one of the last elected officials you'd expect to have such a rating?

There are lots of Dems who have such a rating that appear to deserve it. But most of what I've read, HE isn't one of them.

Correct me if I'm mislead.