• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alien Gear Holsters ShapeShift Modular Holster System

mnrobitaille

The new ShapeShift Modular Holster System by Alien Gear is a great holster system, in my view.

I picked it up last week for my Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD .40 & so far have carried in 3 of the configurations offered in the starter kit.

Fallschirjmäger

The new ShapeShift Modular Holster System by Alien Gear is a great holster system, in my view.

I picked it up last week for my Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD .40 & so far have carried in 3 of the configurations offered in the starter kit.

Could you perhaps say what it was that you liked about the holster? Construction? The way it sat on your belt? The options available? Was it reasonably priced, in your opinion?

mnrobitaille

Could you perhaps say what it was that you liked about the holster? Construction? The way it sat on your belt? The options available? Was it reasonably priced, in your opinion?

I'll see about getting pictures of the different configurations.

Concerning the construction, it's very sturdy & the ability to change configurations is very easy (once used to the setup). The starter kit (which I bought) is $99.88 before tax. Being that it is a newer holster system they are doing slow roll outs for specific sidearms.

They have planned to bring out additional configurations (such as Backpack, MOLLE, & Shoulder) which are to be released at a later date.

mnrobitaille

Pictures of the different configurations

Here's some pictures of the different configurations:

20171005_111452.jpg
This is the OWB Paddle configuration, which allows you to change the cant. I currently have it set for use with the belt slide attachment.

20171005_110708.jpg
This is the OWB Belt Slide Configuration.

20171005_110328.jpg
This is the Appendix configuration. This configuration can also be used for standard IWB carry.

20171005_111048.jpg
This is the IWB Configuration. This configuration is also called the Cloak Tuck 4.0.

For the OWB Paddle configuration I have added the Thumb Release, for additional retention.

I love that you can change the retention, for a more customized holster experience. Lately I've been rotating between the OWB Paddle, OWB Belt Slide, & Appendix configurations. It just depends on what the plans are for the day, as to which configuration I will use.

A couple of weeks ago, Alien Gear Holster released the Drop Leg/Thigh expansion pack.

To learn more about the ShapeShift Modular Holster System, just go to Alien Gear Holsters ShapeShift