• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rexel Culpeper 2 no self defense sign

Coolman

I saw two signs at Rexel in Culpeper. Ask the guy at the counter about it. He kind of shrugged and said it was corporate and that Lowes was also doing it. Saw no signs at Lowes. I figure they can do with out my business, but they are about the only elec. supply in Culpeper. I tried contacting corp. but they are a french company and I got nowhere. Capitol Tristate has better service and pricing.

scooter348

I saw two signs at Rexel in Culpeper. Ask the guy at the counter about it. He kind of shrugged and said it was corporate and that Lowes was also doing it. Saw no signs at Lowes. I figure they can do with out my business, but they are about the only elec. supply in Culpeper. I tried contacting corp. but they are a french company and I got nowhere. Capitol Tristate has better service and pricing.

There are no gunbuster signs at the Lowes in Culpeper. I frequently OC in that particular store and have never had a negative encounter. As a matter of fact, I talked to one of the workers there once who was a former LEO and we chatted about some improvements he recommended I make to the GLOCK 19 I was OC'ing.

Va_Nemo

Lived in Culpeper 30+ years and visit rather often. Next time I am there I will make sure I stop there for a visit. Assuming the sign is still up I will show the manager what I call the four.

His sign.
My Permit.
My sidearm.
My back.

Advise him that as long as that sign stays up he will get no $$ from me and asking him to send that complaint up the chain of command. I will also send an email to corporate customer service advising them also.

Everyone else in the area should do the same. If they get no complaints about the sign being there, it will stay.

Nemo

2a4all

Lived in Culpeper 30+ years and visit rather often. Next time I am there I will make sure I stop there for a visit. Assuming the sign is still up I will show the manager what I call the four.

His sign.
My Permit.
My sidearm.
My back.

Advise him that as long as that sign stays up he will get no $$ from me and asking him to send that complaint up the chain of command. I will also send an email to corporate customer service advising them also.

Everyone else in the area should do the same. If they get no complaints about the sign being there, it will stay.

Nemo
If you have a smartphone with you, show him this: http://friendorfoe.us/ and ask him if he'd like you to add his establishment to the site.

Va_Nemo

If you have a smartphone with you, show him this: http://friendorfoe.us/ and ask him if he'd like you to add his establishment to the site.

I have done that in the past. I advise them they can note their prohibition on there if they like. Then let them know I will give them a week or 10 days and if they have not I will note them on there myself.

You know, to save them the headache of doing that will all the other headaches of running their business.

Nemo