• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC dinner Tues, 11/14/17 at 7:00 PM

sidestreet

probably a good bet that the Rt. Reverend would have said that…,

Did they have room for you at the same table?..:lol:

Seriously though folks, a mind much greater than mine said, " Whenever two of more are gathered in my name...."

Wasn't that from the Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning?

but he would have been quoting the Bible KJV, Jesus in particular from the book of Matthew, chapter 18, verse 20, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."

To be sure, lacking not for suitable or comfortable seating, we gathered, hand in hand, eyes closed, hearts full, blessings abounding, 67GT390FB, Keeper, mrs. sidestreet and me, and we did ask yet another blessing for what we were about to receive.

Many (not in physical attendance, but in spirit) were missed and spoken of (talked about), we lamented the absence of their company and the sorrow we felt that they (Lee) were unable to partake in the okra special offered that night.

There was no awkwardness, just friends enjoying the company and delicious provisions reasonably priced, offered with wonderful service.

Next…,

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

hlh1

For the life of me I don't understand why our Loving Lord would create something like okra... :D

sidestreet

I understand, Lee…,

For the life of me I don't understand why our Loving Lord would create something like okra... :D

I was just thinking the same thing about the Clintons, then again, He did say His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts, I'm sure it's better that way…, I think…, I dunno, I'm just gonna trust Him..,Hey! I sure do love me some okra!!! ;>P

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

You like pork chops, BBQ, and ham? Well pigs have to eat something and I hear they love it and okra is good for Pigs.

FTFY. Okra is piesen to the soul of humans. No person should eat it unless they want to be taken over by the debil!

Nemo

Last edited: