• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody have OC pushback lately in the Hampton roads area?

Zlpres96

Just wondering if anybody has had any negative encounters recently with people in the Hampton roads area. Was just told by the manager in the little Caesars in great bridge that carrying firearms into their 15x15ft lobby is prohibited for security reasons. She asked if I was a security officer and then said I can't carry. Wasn't rude about it but I told her they should have a sign in the window to which she said they used to but someone peeled it off the window and took it. But that's the only one so far for me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just wondering if anybody has had any negative encounters recently with people in the Hampton roads area. Was just told by the manager in the little Caesars in great bridge that carrying firearms into their 15x15ft lobby is prohibited for security reasons. She asked if I was a security officer and then said I can't carry. Wasn't rude about it but I told her they should have a sign in the window to which she said they used to but someone peeled it off the window and took it. But that's the only one so far for me.
Private property is private - they can make any rule they like.

Never, never ask for an anti sign. Just take your money elsewhere.

FBrinson

I remember the next to the last time I was in Great Bridge was back in 1985. There was no Little Caesars in GB back then but there was a Pizza Hut and a Chesapeake Pizza .
I drove through GB about a month ago on a trip to Hatteras and I was quite surprised that the town really hasn't changed that much in the last 30+ years. Pizza Hut is gone, Safeway is gone, Miller & Rhodes is gone, the arcade is gone, and all the banks have had name changes. Two places that I recognized were Dairy Queen and McDonalds. I don't remember if Rose's department store was there still. But the overall look and feel of the town appears very similar to what is in my memory.

Anyway, back on topic. I haven't had any issues in the places I frequent in the Hampton Roads/Newport News region. I was at Best Buy and Babie's R Us last weekend and had no issues. Walmart is never a problem either. I've been to numerous restaurants on Mercury Blvd over the last year or two and never had any issues. But I admit that I haven't been to a Little Caesars.

ron73440

I lived in Great Bridge for a year and now live in Suffolk.

I have had no issues anywhere, and I go all over the place.

wrearick

I have not had any issues. Most people don't even notice and the ones that do, the positive comments outweigh the negative 78 to 1 (I have had 1 negative comment in 5 years but that is it and the positives keep coming.