• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sat. Nov. 25th breakfast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[strike]Will be at Shoney's[/strike]
--snipped--

Will be at River City Diner at 803 E. Parham Rd. by 8:30 am to break my brief, self imposed fast.

Come join us - this has become a Christmas tradition.

Last edited:

scouser

I'll be taking Logan for his 5th annual decorating of the tree at River City

KBCraig

I miss Shoney's. There aren't many of them left.

I was one of the opening crew in Russellville, AR, and quickly promoted to kitchen manager.

A few years later I worked for them again, in Texarkana, as the closing manager. Flat salary, with the possibility of a bonus (which was always denied... go figure!)

I still miss that breakfast buffet, though. And I do miss my time spent working the griddle, slapping sheets of bacon down, cooking burgers and steaks on the griddle and char-rock.

A couple of months ago I made a Slim Jim for my wife... sesame seed hoagie role, thin-sliced ham heated on the griddle, swiss cheese melted on top, thousand island dressing on the bun, with some lettuce and tomato...

And then I made another one for me. And another one for her. And so on, until we were out of ingredients. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyone who wishes a Shoney's meet up will find me at the one on Broad St. at Skipwith Rd on Friday 11/23 at 8:30 am.

Yes, I eat out a lot. It beats not eating...:)

Will also be there on Sat. Dec 2nd at 8:30 am.

Last edited:

gutshot II

Anyone who wishes a Shoney's meet up will find me at the one on Broad St. at Skipwith Rd on Friday 11/23 at 8:30 am.

Yes, I eat out a lot. It beats not eating.

If no one showed up, maybe it is because Friday (today) is the 24th.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Yes, I eat out a lot. It beats not eating.

If no one showed up, maybe it is because Friday (today) is the 24th.
I appreciate the catch.

As it turned out I was not there myself. Ended up at BJ's membership club in Mechanicsville when the tire department opened at 9:00am.

Ordered 4 Bridgestone 80,000 mile warranted tires for my Ram - really great price and not a word about my OCd 1911.

The tires are special order only - have an appointment to have them installed Nov. 30[SUP]th [/SUP]at 12:00 pm, noon when I again will be OCing there.

Va_Nemo

You know, you might try a bit of shopping and cooking. Amazing things you can do with food when you do that. Start small at first. Fry and egg and put bread in the toaster slot and push it down. Open a jar of strawberry jelly and you are set for a light breakfast.

It can be amazing. Learn to do that and you can stay in bed lounging around and dozing for another hour plus.

Nemo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You know, you might try a bit of shopping and cooking. Amazing things you can do with food when you do that. Start small at first. Fry and egg and put bread in the toaster slot and push it down. Open a jar of strawberry jelly and you are set for a light breakfast.

It can be amazing. Learn to do that and you can stay in bed lounging around and dozing for another hour plus.

Nemo
I am said to be an excellent cook. For just myself I do prepare quick, simple meals. For large groups it is no biggy to buy ingredients to make a multi-course dinner.....but it is not cost efficient/practical/possible to buy small enough quantities to feed just one person.

I am not sleep deprived. Were it not medically beneficial to get enough rest, I would consider sleep to be a waste of time. I do my best work when awake.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OK, it just seems you are near always out gallivanting around on something or other.

Nemo
"on something or other" ??

In my Ram and rollin'.

Neither my hands, feet, or mind are idle, but I am all natural. What you see is what you get.

Va_Nemo

Now we know how you spend your days. Other than your reports here.

Nemo

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide