• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Times and Lieutenant Governor pushing new gun ban

44Brent

The Lieutenant Governor's motivation is to enable legislators to harass and rape women in the State Capitol, without fear of the legislators being shot by their victims.

Last edited:

solus

The Lieutenant Governor's motivation is to enable legislators to harass and rape women in the State Capitol, without fear of the legislators being shot by their victims.

what kinda of emotionalized BS hyperbole are you spewing and to what end or purpose ~ ferment false news or incite the masses by crying wolf about data not in evidence against the august Evergreen legislature individuals?

in some circles could be considered defamation of character and libelous

Last edited:

44Brent

what kinda of emotionalized BS hyperbole are you spewing and to what end or purpose ~ ferment false news or incite the masses by crying wolf about data not in evidence against the august Evergreen legislature individuals?

Let's compare solus's allegations of "emotional BS hyperbole" to what is being said by the Democrats:

In a statement, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Sharon Nelson said these kinds of steps "are needed to keep the public safe."

"Mass shootings are preventable, yet occur seemingly weekly in our country," she wrote. "People come to the Legislature every day just like they go to movie theaters, churches, concerts, malls, night clubs, offices and schools every day. There should be a reasonable expectation they can go about their lives without fear of violence."

Source: http://www.theolympian.com/latest-news/article186717528.html

What the Democrats are alleging is plainly that people who have been issued CPLs and enter into the Senate Gallery are there to commit a massacre. Is that true? Or is it possible that the real reason is that they have a whole host of anti-gun hearings planned and they want to make sure gun owners don't show up for the hearings to oppose their planned legislation? Well, that could be true, but I maintain that the Democrats actually want to ensure that they have a "safe" environment to practice their sexual harassment without fear of getting shot.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/politics-government/article181805386.html
http://www.union-bulletin.com/news/...cle_01634ab4-c318-11e7-89ad-6f722fec36d1.html
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...sment-surface-against-2-lawmakers-in-olympia/

Solus, you might be an apologist for these types of things, but I am not, so you can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:

solus

so 44brent, your first cite from the Seattle times says nothing about legislators harassing and raping in the Evergreen's state capitol...

therefore, your recent post is as relevant as the rest of your posts ~ BS emotionalized hyperbole...

as for being an apologist, no sorry you seem to have the lead in that with the disjointed postings which could lead members to believe your pipe is filled with something other than tobacco...

44Brent

Solus, you are from North Carolina, right? I thought people there are supposed to be bright? So, why don't you try to explain why women who have been assaulted by Democrat politicians at the State Capitol are complaining about that, but not complaining of being assaulted by citizens with CPLs in the gallery?

----------------------

http://www.union-bulletin.com/news/...cle_01634ab4-c318-11e7-89ad-6f722fec36d1.html

'I didn’t trust the institution'

The most detailed allegations to surface were those against Williams, who served from 2005 to 2010 before leaving office to work at the state Office of the Insurance Commissioner. He’s since left the state and is president of a New Hampshire-based health care organization.

At the Capitol, Williams worked on health care issues, and his website says he was the prime sponsor of legislation creating sexual assault protection orders and a bill seeking to help investigation of child sex abuse. Both were signed into law.

Samantha Kersul, director of development and operations for the campaign arm of Washington state’s Senate Democrats, is one of the women who accused Williams of inappropriate conduct.

In 2009, Kersul was in between political jobs after time as a staffer at the Legislature and a campaign operative.

On the night in question, she and some friends were hanging out with a trio of state lawmakers at a club in downtown Olympia.

At one point, when Kersul got up from a booth to use the bathroom, she said Williams followed her, pushed her up against a wall and “shoved” his tongue down her throat before she could reach the restroom.

“I remember pushing him off of me and yelling at him and telling him how unwelcome and disgusting I thought he was for doing that,” she said during a Tuesday interview in Seattle.

Despite her protests, Kersul said, Williams continued to block her exit from the area until other patrons at the club approached and asked if everything was all right. None of the other lawmakers or her friends saw the incident, she said.

Once back at the Legislature, Kersul never lodged a formal complaint with legislative administration or Democratic leadership, although she said she warned others to stay away from Williams and made it clear she didn’t want to work with him.

“I didn’t trust the institution,” Kersul said. “I didn’t trust the process. I didn’t trust there was a way for me to come forward and not have it in some way jeopardize my ability to advance in my career.”

Last edited:

solus

Alas 44Brent, tis truly a shame you fail to realize your disjointed posting of BS newspeek hyperbole about alledged mistreatment of individuals which occurred in a different era coupled with your apparent irrational thought processes while trying to put schema into some logical order is the problem, not me.

Your disjointed & irrationality is becoming clearer as you resort to playground taunts...

NavyLCDR

"For public safety and security, no one other than law enforcement should be carrying weapons into the state Legislature or other government buildings, including lawmakers."

A law enforcement officer is more likely to shoot an innocent person than a CPL holder is - so it seems to me that for public safety and security, law enforcement officers should be prohibited from carrying weapons into the state Legislature or other government buildings, and especially lawmakers.

Dave Workman

What a thread. I came in to see how the "no guns" rule was going and there is a flame war on something else. Sad

Well, let's try to move this thread along.

WA Senate gun ban challenged by GOP state senator

A ban on all firearms, even those carried concealed by properly licensed citizens, in the Washington State Senate viewer galleries is being challenged by a Republican State senator who said in a letter to Lt. Governor Cyrus Habib that “the policy is illegal.”

https://conservativefiringline.com/wa-senate-gallery-gun-ban-challenged-gop-state-senator/ <https://conservativefiringline.com/wa-senate-gallery-gun-ban-challenged-gop-state-senator/>

Say THANKS to Phil Fortunato for raising a challenge

Last edited by a moderator:

mnrobitaille

Lt. Governor Habib apparently forgot about Section 1, Article 24 of the Washington State Constitution:
SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.