• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hanover deputies to prepare residents on how to respond to an active shooter

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyone care to attend? Looks to me that OC would be legal and acceptable.

"The "Civilian Response to an Active Shooter" presentation will be held on Thursday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. at the Hanover County Administrative Building, located at 7516 County Complex Road."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/36988232...idents-on-how-to-respond-to-an-active-shooter

Hopefully this will be better than Henrico County's recent presentation.
http://vb.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?136070-Henrico-PD-on-church-safety-plan

Last edited:

sidestreet

Anyone care to attend? Looks to me that OC would be legal and acceptable

Hopefully this will be better than Henrico County's recent presentation.

Doubtful, much like Richmond and Henrico, they just can't seem to get over themselves. Not gonna waste my time, I've heard too many broken records already.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Doubtful, much like Richmond and Henrico, they just can't seem to get over themselves. Not gonna waste my time, I've heard too many broken records already.

sidestreet

Ignoring it leaves the anticipated faulty information as the only source of educational material available to those lacking the truth.

A lie travels around the world, while the truth takes a break.

Fif your signature line for you for this one post.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The devil is in the details is any body going to attend to find out what well be discussed.

then report on it.
I hope to attend OCing. I won't know until that day whether or not I can take the time.

Problem is my speaking voice sux - a result of multiple medial procedures - and I think that I will have much to say. None should leave there w/o a balanced presentation.

sidestreet

never seen one that was balanced…,

and I think that I will have much to say. None should leave there w/o a balanced presentation.[/QUOTE]

of course there's always a first time for everything I guess, but I agree, none should leave there w/o a balanced presentation. I'm gonna say they will…, leave there w/o a balanced presentation, that is.

I may go, but I really need the sleep. The seemingly endless introductions and resume's usually cause me to seek slumber, followed by what usually happens when they get an active shooter call, which means basically that if you somehow escape or survive the shooter/s then you will somehow have to escape/survive being shot/rousted/interrogated/detained by the police until they can finish having trouble distinguishing the good guys from the bad guy/s. Then the media will try to have their way with you because, you know, the scoop, the ratings!

Most of the people I've seen at these things are folks that can't seem to make up their minds and would prefer the police to do it for them, some of them just really want the police to tell'em it's okay to just draw yer heater and shout "Say yer prayers varmint, cause I'm gonna blast ya'!!!", some usually can't believe that they need to worry about it "HERE", where ever THAT is!?!?! These folks suffer from a huge "Normalcy Bias", oh that wouldn't happen here, not to me/us, not now, and are forever trying to close the barn doors after the cows are already gone. Then, THEN, they REALLY wanna DO SOMETHING!!!

It's just my thought, my opinion, my "feeling" (for those who might be into that), my practice that I've made my decision what I'm going to do, what, when and where I'm going to carry and position myself where I feel I can be most "productive" based on what I believe, what I know, what I've read, and what I've learned. Then you can be sure I will be as relentless as the Lord will allow me to be.

I have decided that the state mandated employee training which says that terrorist seek targets where large numbers of people gather, and they include places of worship (and there are MANY well documented cases of such things happening at places of worship) will be MY good and sufficient reason for carrying regardless of what anyone else thinks. If anyone objects to it, I'll be glad to listen to their opinion.., as long as they are willing to listen to mine. I don't need these meetings, I've made my decision.

I also don't like the idea of calling up to tell them I'm coming, but if you want me to be your mouth piece Grape, I'll go and do my best for ya', but ya' gotta let me know soon, I gotta get some sleep sometime.

sidestreet

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
and I think that I will have much to say. None should leave there w/o a balanced presentation.

--snipped--."....... if you want me to be your mouth piece Grape, I'll go and do my best for ya', but ya' gotta let me know soon, I gotta get some sleep sometime."

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.[/QUOTE]
It was a request for any, not a mandate for you personally.

Sleep well my friend.

sidestreet

okay.., I took a little snooze and there's plenty of coffee in my briefcase…,

--snipped--."....... if you want me to be your mouth piece Grape, I'll go and do my best for ya', but ya' gotta let me know soon, I gotta get some sleep sometime."

sidestreet

It was a request for any, not a mandate for you personally.

Sleep well my friend.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go, whether they let me in or not remains to be seen, but I'm gonna go because if Grape has something to say, it's important, it should be heard and I wanna hear it. Secondly…, what Firearms Instructor said, he's right! Besides, if I do fall asleep, you gotta be there to wake me up, Grape, and it's probably a good idea to have someone there that I trust to hold me back! Third, you win the "relentless" trophy Grape!!! I can hear former winners Peter Nap and Skidmark cheering and clapping all the way from heaven, still the Three Musketeers!!! That IS my mandate tonight, and thank you!!!

sidestreet

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have sent my email of confirmation and included with it a seat reservation for one additional person.

Yes, I will be OCing.

Last edited:

sidestreet

Awesome!!!

As usual!!! :>)

sidestreet

Firearms Iinstuctor

:(

I was looking forward to what they had to say.

I am in the process of working with a couple local churches in developing plans and training.

Last edited:

markand

For whatever it might be worth, Liberty University is, to my knowledge, the only college or university in Virginia that not only allows, but actively encourages concealed carry. They have constructed a shooting range on campus and offer concealed carry training to students lawfully able to obtain a permit (age 21 in VA). In the aftermath of the Virginia Tech massacre, they rescinded anti-gun and anti-self defense policies and regulations they had in place.

Liberty University produced a "Run, Hide, Fight" active shooter video that is unique in that it addresses lawful concealed carry and offers suggestions to lawfully armed individuals during an active shooter event. I have found no other "run, hide, fight" video that even acknowledges the possible presence of lawfully armed civilians during an active shooter incident, let alone provide suggestions as to how lawfully armed individuals should respond. The video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xHg3VGnaM While I don't know why, the video is "unlisted". You won't find it anymore if you do a search on youtube, so bookmark it if you want have it handy.

I hope this is helpful to any who might be advising churches or other organizations how to survive an active incident. Police departments often use "run, hide, fight" videos as part of their active shooter presentations. Wouldn't hurt to pass the Liberty University link on to those police departments as an example of how such a video ought to be done.

Last edited: