• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The other Greater Ricmond Golden Corral

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Golden Corral on Providence Road has long been OC friendly, but the one on Gaskins and W. Broad Street was not friendly at all. I heard that "Bob," the manager who showed his anti tendency, was gone. After DoubleTap and I discussed it, I decided to see if anything had changed for the better.

The results are in - the ice has been cracked - the shell broken. Had breakfast there this morning, my purdy 1911 was decidedly noticed and w/o ANY negativity.

Positive reactions from 2 customers who individually came up to me to thank me and shake my hand. Though it was seen, no staff member objected.

Think we can now safely move this location from unfriendly to the friendly side.

To further cement this favorable change, I am scheduling our next OC breakfast there on Sat. Dec. 16th at 9:00am.
Lend a hand, mark your calendar, come on down.

Last edited:

sidestreet

gonna try to make this…,

The Golden Corral on Providence Road has long been OC friendly, but the one on Gaskins and W. Broad Street was not friendly at all. I heard that "Bob," the manager who showed his anti tendency, was gone. After DoubleTap and I discussed it, I decided to see if anything had changed for the better.

The results are in - the ice has been cracked - the shell broken. Had breakfast there this morning, my purdy 1911 was decidedly noticed and w/o ANY negativity.

Positive reactions from 2 customers who individually came up to me to thank me and shake my hand. Though it was seen, no staff member objected.

Think we can now safely move this location from unfriendly to the friendly side.

To further cement this favorable change, I am scheduling our next OC breakfast there on Sat. Dec. 16th at 9:00am.
Lend a hand, mark your calendar, come on down.

This is literally where I grew up, hike through that area numerous times, my friend Marty lived there when there was nothing but Rt. 250, lots of woods and a couple of houses here and there. I lived across the road (where Rooms To Go is located now), in a little neighborhood called Deep Run Farms that got started but never got finished, total of five houses, big neighborhood woo hoo!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.