• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here we go again

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5992.pdf

Section 1 - (28) "Trigger modification device" means any part, or combination of parts, designed or intended to accelerate the rate of fire of a firearm, but does not convert the firearm into a machine gun, including:
(a) Any part, or combination of parts, designed or intended for use in modifying a firearm to use the recoil of the firearm to4produce a rapid succession of trigger functions; or
(b) Any part, or combination of parts, designed or intended for use in modifying a firearm to produce multiple trigger functions through the use of an external mechanism.

Section 2 - RCW 9.41.190 and 2016 c 214 s 1 are each amended to read as follows:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to:
d) Manufacture or sell any trigger modification device.
They don't define "manufacture." But, because it is combined with "or sell" I would argue it means commercially.
Section 2 - (3)(a) and (b) makes that clear by its wording.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sec. 1
[ ... ]
1 (17) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun,
[ ... ]
7 fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

This one is from my ATF FFL handbook.

For purposes of federal law, a machine gun is defined as: [A]ny weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manually reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

This is the law...................
26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions | US Law | LII / Legal Information ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/5845
The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and ................

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

What footnote????
You have me totally confused.

OK seems we are not understanding each other much. Lets put this in a box and leave it there. And I will try to take my pencil neck shirt off for a while.

Footnote mentioned above was meant as another example.

Nemo

solus

it won’t until citizens of the evergreen state get rid of those legislative members as colorado citizens did several years ago!

Last edited: