• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Asotin County/Clarkston WA

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO, hope you enjoy your stay.

First question is....are you OCing? I see you live in the County, have you seen anyone else armed?

OC Freedom

If you want to Open Carry, I would suggest that you start now for the way things are moving in Washington politically, that freedom may come to an end in the very near future.

Here's some info and also go out to the link provided for all the general info you need:

Open carry is lawful in Washington without any permit. Open carry of a loaded handgun in a vehicle is legal only with a concealed pistol license. Open carry of a loaded long gun in a vehicle is illegal, regardless of CPL possession. State Law does not allow more restrictive local laws.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

JRuner

If you want to Open Carry, I would suggest that you start now for the way things are moving in Washington politically, that freedom may come to an end in the very near future.

Here's some info and also go out to the link provided for all the general info you need:

Open carry is lawful in Washington without any permit. Open carry of a loaded handgun in a vehicle is legal only with a concealed pistol license. Open carry of a loaded long gun in a vehicle is illegal, regardless of CPL possession. State Law does not allow more restrictive local laws.

I've seen one in a year. Seems like OC in this state could easily get you prosecuted for public intimidation, while just walking holstered.

John

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Yet.......see bills being proposed today.

solus

john, one would presume as a previous reserve county deputy and city ACO, you would know the fallacy of your statement about citizens being prosecuted for public intimidation while OC’g.

just saying

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I've seen one in a year. Seems like OC in this state could easily get you prosecuted for public intimidation, while just walking holstered. John

That has happened in Washington State, but the situation was rectified by bringing a lawsuit to the city involved ( one rogue LEO). A small amount of dollars was given to the OCer and we got a shipload of great, free positive advertising. Take a look at the standards for interaction with legally armed Citizens in your area.