• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Y carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePublicVA

Strange event for me recently. I go to the Y in spurts. Just paranoid me dont like keeping muc of a routine in public. As a CCW in Virginia I'm always looking at no gun sign in any biz I go in. Self employed and work anywhere 24/7 it's a necessity to carry. Anyway, at a local Y a few times i removed my outerwear exposing my firearm and maybe a few may have noticed but today I didn't expose when someone wanted to speak to me. With my items in the locker I told him he could talk to me where I'm standing. He began saying he's a board member and also a CCW holder but firearms not permitted at that Y. Then he continued w theives and policy, blah, blah, blah. I sensed his truthfulness in his representation as an official Y member and rather disputing the issue I told him I'll loc in my car. Lil gud that'll do me if having greater need arises. When he told me his name it jarred my memory as someone that i kne did serve in a local govt official capacity. Hours later I search y website found his name as a board member. Did i find that policy he stated? Nope! Whether it's an official policy or not a company rep can ask anyone to leave private property owned by that company. I believe the nex church shooting or a non-church rampage ppl gonna think twice about making and enforcing restrictive policies that a loose nut w a gun will knowingly target an ez mark. Now my heads on a swivel just getting to my car.

solus

why do you spam the board with this drivel?
same story twice,, with two login names?
are you a dork?

could the possibly exist the august member from North Mason county missed the ever so subtle Moderator posting which annotated ~ he moved the the new member's post from WI sub-forum threads > VA sub-forum?

hummmmm

1245A Defender

Well,,,

could the possibly exist the august member from North Mason county missed the ever so subtle Moderator posting which annotated ~ he moved the the new member's post from WI sub-forum threads > VA sub-forum?

hummmmm

Ya,, that is probably what did it to me.
My thoughtful tools are getting dull,, fast.
The OP may still be,,,, something,,,
I wonder if he will ever post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.