• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer Upsets Butte Walmart

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I went into town yesterday with me Sweet Babboo, Lori, and her Mother. We shopped at a half dozen places before ending up at Walmart. We split up as we had different needs, then met up for groceries. That put me pretty much all over the store.
I love Montana, everyone is so polite. As we were checking out and leaving, one of the young ladies from customer service came over and thanked us for all the comedic drama we caused. Seems as though quite a few people came over to them with the information of a "man with a gun" in the store. They wanted to let us know how much fun they were having answering the worried questions brought to them. They politely explained that it was legal and Walmart follows State law. Cool. A bunch of folks got themselves an education from Walmart.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I went into town yesterday with me Sweet Babboo, Lori, and her Mother. We shopped at a half dozen places before ending up at Walmart. We split up as we had different needs, then met up for groceries. That put me pretty much all over the store.
I love Montana, everyone is so polite. As we were checking out and leaving, one of the young ladies from customer service came over and thanked us for all the comedic drama we caused. Seems as though quite a few people came over to them with the information of a "man with a gun" in the store. They wanted to let us know how much fun they were having answering the worried questions brought to them. They politely explained that it was legal and Walmart follows State law. Cool. A bunch of folks got themselves an education from Walmart.

No better form of advertisement on the right of the people to bear arms in the defense of self and loved ones.

We educate, educate, educate.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What is most amazing is Walmart employees knowing state law and company policy.

I see a trend here...
icon7.png

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Thank you Gentlemen, it is what we do.
I did not think I was going to have this kind of situation here in Montana. Had to put up with it all the time in Wa State, it was fun.

We are headed for Missoula today. More fun.

MontanaResident

People that freak out over a gun being carried in Montana need to go back to California.

IMO, Walmart should encourage people to carry guns in the store. Probably would cut way down on Shoplifters. I could carry out a 40lbs bag of dog food if I didn't make eye contact and whistled a happy tune. Carry a gun, and you can't reach into the mixed nuts bin to test the freshness.

OC Freedom

People that freak out over a gun being carried in Montana need to go back to California.

IMO, Walmart should encourage people to carry guns in the store. Probably would cut way down on Shoplifters. I could carry out a 40lbs bag of dog food if I didn't make eye contact and whistled a happy tune. Carry a gun, and you can't reach into the mixed nuts bin to test the freshness.

I have to agree, it must be Kalifornians since they are not aware of the Bill of Rights and what freedom looks like.

Wstar425

A guy I’ve gotten to know, works at the local hardware store, told me he was asked to leave the Walmart because his OC firearm made people nervous. He’s Hispanic.....I’ve been in there every week OC and no one has said boo to me. Have I not been asked to leave cause no one noticed? Was he asked to leave cause he’s Hispanic? He’s not allowed to carry at his work.

It would be interesting to be able to put a number on what percentage of people don’t even notice, notice but don’t care, and notice and say something. I’m not exactly sure how one would do that? You can often tell when people notice, but I’m sure some hide it as well.

I’ve carried in the Billings west/Laurel? Walmart a few times, no issues, but again I suspect at close quarters like in a store a large percentage of people never even know they are 4 feet from a firearm.

Having someone talk to me about OC seems to be getting pretty rare these days. Used to be a weekly occurrence at least.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Wife called me up from the basement yesterday to see a gentleman walking down the other side of the street. He was Openly carrying some kind of well holstered pistol. Makes me feel good to see it.

FreedomLover

Or maybe CANADA!