• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

11 feb 60 minutes promoted a shot on national reciprocity segment.

Firearms Iinstuctor

All I can recommend it is not worth wasting your time watching typical 60 minutes slanted BS.

Then they wonder why the NRA didn't do any interviews with them.

Seconds of pro-gun shown in the worst light, minutes of anti gun BS shown in the best light.

Talking to the MSM is kind of like talking to the police it is best to say no thanks then walk away.

Last edited:

pkbites

I saw it.

Typical antis frothing.

"It'll be a disaster!" The sky is falling, the sky is falling! :rolleyes:

This is the same mucus they spewed over the last 30 years every time a state went to concealed carry or constitutional carry.

And when the streets didn't flow with blood not a single one of them had the decency to come out and admit they were wrong!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Steve Kroft could not believe Tim Schmidt (USCCA) saying that there were concealed carried guns all around them while they were doing the interview on the the streets of New York City.

mnrobitaille

I DVR'd it & just got done watching it, from all I saw/heard, it sounds like it was a fluff piece to push against the passage of Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity.

Saying law enforcement all around the nation dislike the notion of responsibly armed citizens carrying properly holstered sidearms, how about they go around to those cities they listed & ask that the police chief/commissioner/sheriff say on camera that they dislike the idea of responsibly armed citizens?

A point was made about how come the privilege of driving is recognized nationwide (not technically constitutionally protected), yet the 2nd Amendment is continually being infringed upon (Constitutionally protect right that is also a Civil Right). Different states have different rules/regulations when it comes to driving, just like the different states have different rules/regulations as to where one may/may not be allowed to carry a firearm.

I am thinking one of the reasons why the NRA refused to be interviewed is cause of the negativity the press has against the NRA. The NRA has made it clear their stance about Nationwide Concealed Carry Reciprocity, why must they defend that stance to those that are using that stance as a means to discredit?

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Lots of complaints on the interwebz today from people who were interviewed, but who were left on the cutting room floor, or whose words were cherry-picked to present something different from what they said.

Shades of that Couric sheep.

So different from when Nightline spoke to VCDL members at a picnic just a few years ago.

2a4all

One of the narrations talked about how people in various cities that severely restrict carry (rarely and selectively issue carry permits) were concerned that folks from other states wold be able to carry in their city without their knowledge.

What they missed (or at least didn't mention) was that folks from other jurisdictions in those same states that do issue carry permits can carry in those same cities. I thought of a fellow from such a place in California who showed up at the Hampton gun show in July 2016 after Virginia decided to honor permits from all other states and proudly displayed his permit for all of us at the VCDL table. I'll bet he gives the residents of San Francisco some serious heartburn.

At least they did allow their primary guest to state the fact that while gun ownership (and carry permits) have risen dramatically over the last 20 years, crime has seen a marked decrease. Steve Croft hesitantly asked the guest "So you're saying 'More guns equals less crime?"".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

MamaLiberty

Steve Kroft could not believe Tim Schmidt (USCCA) saying that there were concealed carried guns all around them while they were doing the interview on the the streets of New York City.

How did they know there were any if the guns were actually concealed? Do CC people in NYC routinely play show and tell with media there? :)

echofiveniner

Whats sad is the POS reporter had the balls to say this report was balanced and unbiased. The good news is the People's Trust in the press is so low this won't do anything to influence new anti gunners, its just confirmation bias for the old guards of gun control. With people's trust in the media being so low they would do more damage putting up a pro gun piece!