• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Relocating to Nye County

wczimmerman

Greetings!

My family and I will be relocating from western WA to Nye county in March of this year! I have been an avid open carrier for many years in WA and I have carried openly or concealed in many other states. I have a couple of follow up items for clarification:

1. It seems that there is some question around open carry at rest areas. This isn't mentioned at handgunlaw.us (which doesn't mean anything...just a reference) but in the pamphlet that is stickied for Nevada this is mentioned with a potential penalty of up to $1000. This seems to be last updated in 2014 but I thought I would see if anything had changed since then.

2. As far as I can tell, an 18 year old can open carry a pistol. This would be great for my oldest daughter to be able to carry immediately.

If you can think of any other tips, they would be welcome! We are certainly actively in the local, state, and federal politics as well.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
1. This rest area thing has been on the books forever, and no one has ever heard of an enforcement or even a decent explanation of "exhibiting a firearm." No one gives it a second thought.

2. Open carry is not regulated, therefore can be done by any legal adult in the state. Indeed, underage can carry under direct supervision of guardians.

Go to www.nevadashooters.com for instant, accurate info from the locals. Few of us are active here.

turborich

1. This rest area thing has been on the books forever, and no one has ever heard of an enforcement or even a decent explanation of "exhibiting a firearm." No one gives it a second thought.

2. Open carry is not regulated, therefore can be done by any legal adult in the state. Indeed, underage can carry under direct supervision of guardians.

Go to www.nevadashooters.com for instant, accurate info from the locals. Few of us are active here.

MAC always giving great info!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Nice forum - covers a lot of ground.