• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norton anti-virus

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
NRA discounts are less important than good protection to me.

I use a combination of 360 Total Security and various Wise products for routine cleanup.

solus

combination of Malwarebytes (paid subscription) tho have heard their free pgm is still fair and ESET's internet security and have for the last 5 years. however, ESET screws with Auslogic programs to the point i removed my paid subscription from Disk defrag and boostspeed after third party reviews stated Auslogic had put sleeper pgms on subscriber's machines.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

https://www.eset.com/us/

aisiguy

Since my similar thread was deleted, I think we are not allowed to ask about alternatives for services from anti-gun companies.

aisiguy

Thank you, Grapeshot.

Well, I reviewed all forum rules and the only one that seems relevant is that I did post the same request elsewhere for help finding a suitable 2nd Amendment friendly services firm to replace the one we are dropping due to their new opposition. So presuming that was the violation in question, I understand now.

However, that didn’t get me closer to an answer or any help at all.

Thanks for the forum membership over the years.

carracer

Norton runs too much resources in the background for me. I run Microsoft Defender, Superantispyware and CCleaner. All free versions. For deep cleaning I will install malware bytes and run it, but, uninstall it after running.

cm2624

Last week I received a response from their escalation team. They offered me a full refund or let the remaining time on my contract to expire. I was over their 60 day period, but I was approved for a refund. I took the full refund, still waiting for it to post to my credit card. Should post this week. I will never use Norton ever again.

CJ4wd

Norton runs too much resources in the background for me. I run Microsoft Defender, Superantispyware and CCleaner. All free versions. For deep cleaning I will install malware bytes and run it, but, uninstall it after running.

That's what I found out years ago, especially on my XP Pro laptop. Since then, I have used AVG's free version for my AV, ZoneAlarm for my firewall, Malwarebytes and Spybot Search & Destroy for scanning my system. All are "free" versions and I haven't had any problems - yet. :rolleyes: