• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle judge rules truck = home. Effect on CPL requirements for vehicle carry?

mikeyb

2A_4Ever

This does raise some interesting questions.

I have encountered a group of people who don't fit the stereotype of "homeless" or "Vagrant".

They call themselves "Vandwellers". The first ones I met were both gainfully employed engineers who chose to live out of their vehicles instead of "normal" housing.

One gentleman was very forthcoming about his lifestyle. He was cleancut and well dressed. He told me that he had a gym membership and used the gym showers daily before work. He spent much of his leisure time in libraries & Starbucks working on "side work" projects to earn additional income. He was in his early 40's and he told me that between his day job and side projects he made over $100k last year and was able to invest most of it.

That opened my eyes to what appears to be a fairly large group of people who have moved away from conventional housing to live in vans, RV's, box trucks etc.

They even have websites & discussion forums where they share about their lifestyle.

Ok..... Now I am rambling.... My point was that there are folks that don't fit the typical picture of homeless and they are bringing up issues that I haven't seen before like "This van is my home, of course I can concealed carry here"

If I spent the nights in the back of my truck parked on random parking lots, rest areas etc I certainly would want to be packing.