• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle man's firearms confiscated for open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

44Brent

Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm, even though open-carry was legal in the jurisdiction and he was well within his rights. I don’t know if there are anti-staring laws in that part of Washington state.

Resident snowflakes of the knee-jerk town complained that the man openly carrying made them feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I looked for and could not find anything in the open carry statutes that mentions a prohibition of making other people feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

https://davidharrisjr.com/politics/tyranny-begins-seattle-man-broke-no-laws-guns-confiscated/

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...no-laws-broken-no-warrant-no-charges_03062018

https://www.conservativeinstitute.org/gun-control/seattle-police-first-gun.htm

Last edited:

solus

Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm, even though open-carry was legal in the jurisdiction and he was well within his rights. I don’t know if there are anti-staring laws in that part of Washington state.

Resident snowflakes of the knee-jerk town complained that the man openly carrying made them feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I looked for and could not find anything in the open carry statutes that mentions a prohibition of making other people feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

https://davidharrisjr.com/politics/tyranny-begins-seattle-man-broke-no-laws-guns-confiscated/

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...no-laws-broken-no-warrant-no-charges_03062018

https://www.conservativeinstitute.org/gun-control/seattle-police-first-gun.htm

humm...speaking of knee-jerk, which you were...did you happen to notice there are only OMGoodness blog crap cites mentioned and there were no cites to newspeek articles regarding the 3 march incident in Belltown (Formerly a low-rent, semi-industrial arts district, in recent decades it has transformed into a neighborhood of trendy restaurants, boutiques, nightclubs, and residential towers as well as warehouses and art galleries.) (read the CA folks have moved in) regarding Seattle police confiscating a citizen's firearm(s) after a year of reported 'alleged odd behaviour' (quote: .... neighbors said had been intimidating people for the past year - even staring-down customers through store-front windows with a gun holstered at his side. unquote) with his 25 caliber under the new extreme risk protection order statute (erpos) where the citizen was 'requested to cease' carry by police but refused so the nice LE's confiscated them!

while probably not speaking about this particular incident, quote: “There's certainly a big concern of the connection between mental health and people exhibiting violent behavior and whether or not they should have access to firearms. The ‘erpos’ give us that tool now as an option,” said Sgt. Eric Pisconski, who leads the crisis response unit for the Seattle Police Department. unquote

now for those interested here is a nice ERPOS promo put out in Oct 17 by "The Washington Pattern Forms Committee wishes to thank the ERPO Implementation Stakeholder Group and the King County Court Administration Office" https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/documents/XR_ERPO Brochure_2017.pdf

1. http://komonews.com/news/local/seattle-police-first-in-state-to-seize-gun-under-mental-health-law

Chapter 7.94 RCW EXTREME RISK PROTECTION ORDER ACT

2. http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=7.94

ERPOS are now alive and well in 5 states:

3. http://komonews.com/news/nation-wor...omeone-can-commit-violence-texas-modification

Last edited:

44Brent

The logic of Democrats is that open carry is a sign of mental illness, therefore, anyone who is open carrying should have their firearms confiscated. Don't believe me? Here is is in their own words:

Open carry is not cute or funny. It's is a sign of a killer ready to strike.
People that openly carry their weapons aren't some freedom lovers flaunting their symbols of liberty. They are deranged maniacs ready to kill. Why else walk around with a gun unless you are ready to use it? People that open carry are attention seekers and live in some Trump style fantasyland of bravery or heroism. They make America look like some lawless third world country. Most people fear them because people that open carry may be the next lawful gun owner to snap like the guy in Parkland, FL, or the guy in the Orlando night club, or the guy in Las Vegas.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210312593

solus

The logic of Democrats is that open carry is a sign of mental illness, therefore, anyone who is open carrying should have their firearms confiscated. Don't believe me? Here is is in their own words:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210312593

so why are you continuing to promot this BS drivel out here then as you are only exacerbating their fleeting minutes of fame...

if you notice in the foto of the crown of thorns those two are wearing they are made from long gun ammo...

tannerwaterbury

so why are you continuing to promot this BS drivel out here then as you are only exacerbating their fleeting minutes of fame...

if you notice in the foto of the crown of thorns those two are wearing they are made from long gun ammo...

Do you even live in Washington State? Because you seem to be borderline trolling now just because he's using a "conspiracy site". Are you asking for a more legit source? Anyways, regardless, is there a reason they aren't releasing his name? If he was charged for violating the ERPO and supposedly has had a history with SPD, why are they keeping his information a secret, and if in fact the revelation of said suspects name did also conclude that he was an actual danger, would the most of you agree with SPD's decision to use SWAT here? Because, using SWAT to confiscate guns...tell me that's not straight out of an Orwellian state. Due process was violated too, am I right or what?

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2018/...extreme-risk-protection-order-seizes-handgun/

Last edited:

solus

Do you even live in Washington State? Because you seem to be borderline trolling now just because he's using a "conspiracy site". Are you asking for a more legit source? Anyways, regardless, is there a reason they aren't releasing his name? If he was charged for violating the ERPO and supposedly has had a history with SPD, why are they keeping his information a secret, and if in fact the revelation of said suspects name did also conclude that he was an actual danger, would the most of you agree with SPD's decision to use SWAT here? Because, using SWAT to confiscate guns...tell me that's not straight out of an Orwellian state. Due process was violated too, am I right or what?

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2018/...extreme-risk-protection-order-seizes-handgun/

as the olde tv ad used to say...”what’s your beef?”

your post switches subjects almost incoherently, e.g.,
lambasting me about where i live;
throwing playground taunts at me;
worrying about why the suspect’s name hasn’t been released;
generating your ouw conspiriacy theory;
then without hesitation you roll right into a discussion about SPD’s alledged UoF during the confiscation activity;
and you end your rambling paragraph with a statement regarding due process?

fyi, no you are not right!

44Brent

I agree this solus character is a troll. I sent in a request to a site administrator requesting that they take a look at his history of postings across multiple state forums.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree this solus character is a troll. I sent in a request to a site administrator requesting that they take a look at his history of postings across multiple state forums.
There is nothing in the Forum Rules restricting one to what sub-forum they may post - see Forum Rule #6 for further explanation.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we [highlight]will NOT tolerate any personal attacks[/highlight] or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

OC for ME

ERPOs are the unconstitutional foundation of these gun confiscations, based on third party hearsay. Then a anti-liberty, unaccountable, absolute immunity holding, judge will order the unconstitutional ERPO which then enables the unconstitutional confiscation and deprivation of numerous enumerated rights. Cops will comply with these ERPOs to keep their job, others gleefully so because they are anti-2A/anti-liberty from the get go.

Then you are compelled to interact with a judge appointed shrink...and don't think you are not screwed from the get go on that. Meanwhile, your lawfully possessed property, individual liberty, and livelihood is flushed down the crapper all because some nitwit called a cop, who then dumps the entire weight of the state on your law abiding back.

Any cop who enforces these confiscations is a hypocrite if he states that he supports the 2A.

Any citizen is just one phone call away from the same fate as the fella in Belltown. Guilty until you prove your innocence.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Being a curmudgeon. bear, bellyacher, complainer, crab, crank, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, grumbler, grump, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss, whiner is not against the rules. Not even being a malcontent or sorehead is not against the rules. :p

44Brent

There is nothing in the Forum Rules restricting one to what sub-forum they may post - see Forum Rule #6 for further explanation.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we [highlight]will NOT tolerate any personal attacks[/highlight] or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

Great ! May I suggest you also disallow personal attacks against GUN OWNERS as well?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Great ! May I suggest you also disallow personal attacks against GUN OWNERS as well?
By whom? The antis?

You stray too far afield.

HP995

Yes - "third party hearsay" and all subjective. Such as "He made us feel uncomfortable" or "She shot a rat in the backyard!"

Drawing anyone's attention (for any reason, esp. personal grudges and politics) becomes a crime in itself. SJW wet dream.

This is the road to police state, and it's a very short road because it bypasses the Bill of Rights altogether.

solus

Being a curmudgeon. bear, bellyacher, complainer, crab, crank, fusser, griper, grouch, grouser, growler, grumbler, grump, murmurer, mutterer, sourpuss, whiner is not against the rules. Not even being a malcontent or sorehead is not against the rules. :p

wait, i believe resemble that remark :uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Sure it is. Rule #6 contains the phrase "based upon their opinion." Therefore those things listed become personal attacks.

HP995

These "ERPOs" that suspend the whole Bill of Rights could herald the end of USA as we knew it. Has me worried. Hopefully a higher court will overturn one.

The Dems are relentless pursuing gun control and Constitution control, but it's the gun owners themselves that have a fatal flaw. They (we) have got to either learn to unify and fight this together, or else go extinct.

Too much attitude, both online and in person, always attacking friendlies. (The more effort on acting tough, the less actual manhood, is a good rule of thumb.) Save it for the real battle! You see them in the gun community - some petulant staff and hateful customers in gun venues that look down on others who lack some supposed cool factor, people who just can't stop arguing day or night, the ones just waiting for a fight or a chance to hassle someone, and those guys who have it all backwards and think they need to draw a tiny circle around themselves and a handful of bosom buddies and act like vile scumbags attacking everyone else.

To win, we need the exact opposite. The most people we can possibly muster, and being friendly and helpful to get more people educated and joining the cause, and strengthening our fellows. It took the Dems a long time, but they do have their act together. Serious existential threat. If people can't see that, or if they see it but still would rather act like jerks to gratify their own fragile and selfish egos, rather than be brothers and tackle the real problem, they may not deserve to inherit these rights and they may lose the freedoms. We need the numbers - in the end it's not you and your BFF, it's all of us or none of us that will exercise these rights.

You can tell I ran into some real unfriendly guys lately, right? I sure did! It's really lame to treat people well and they turn around and bite you. But I do fear for our whole nation, more so than myself. We don't have much time to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.