• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle man's firearms confiscated for open carry

Status
Not open for further replies.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I can't believe no one else didn't catch this: "I looked for and could not find anything in the open carry statutes". What OC statutes are there in WA?

solus

I can't believe no one else didn't catch this: "I looked for and could not find anything in the open carry statutes". What OC statutes are there in WA?

golddigger, with one exception mentioned below, there are no RWS stating you can or cannot open carry, except in vehicles where you must have a concealed permit, therefore it is legal, mindful of normal bountries where concealed cannot carry, e.g. schools, ad nauseam.

9.41.050 states you must have a permit to carry loaded in a vehicle otherwise it must be unloaded.

9.41.270 discusses what i believe (i am not an attorney) is a weapon brandishing type statute

that stated, it could be possible the belltown man could be hassled under 9.41.270 statutes

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
golddigger, with one exception mentioned below, there are no RWS stating you can or cannot open carry, except in vehicles where you must have a concealed permit, therefore it is legal, mindful of normal boundaries where concealed cannot carry, e.g. schools, ad nauseam.

9.41.050 states you must have a permit to carry loaded in a vehicle otherwise it must be unloaded.

9.41.270 discusses what i believe (i am not an attorney) is a weapon brandishing type statute

that stated, it could be possible the belltown man could be hassled under 9.41.270 statutes

RCW That was my point that there are no statues covering OC. The poster I was quoting stated there are statues. I was asking for him to provide this non-existent info.

44Brent

Comments from a blogger:

Already the law in five states—and growing—ERPOs are sometimes issued after a family member petitions the court. But they can also be obtained via a police department petition if they receive an anonymous report from anyone who sees a person they consider to be a threat, such as what we witnessed in Seattle, Washington, recently.

Based only on the word of neighbors who considered a Seattle man a threat because he “stared” at them and wore a holstered firearm—which is legal in his community—the Seattle Crisis Response Squad forcibly confiscated his weapons from his home and the home of a family member. The Seattle resident had no police record and had never been so much as charged with a crime before this incident.

Now the question about how mental illness could become a catch-all is about to go from being rhetorical to being reality, thanks to a bill co-sponsored by Democrat Senator Richard Blumenthal and Democrat Republican Republicrat Senator Lindsey Graham.

https://noqreport.com/2018/03/09/gr...illness-catch-seize-guns-without-due-process/

tannerwaterbury

There is nothing in the Forum Rules restricting one to what sub-forum they may post - see Forum Rule #6 for further explanation.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we [highlight]will NOT tolerate any personal attacks[/highlight] or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

VERY Libertarian and fair. Never asked for a ban per se, but solius seems to want to be the antagonist of the forum, as though OC is something they are against.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is nothing in the Forum Rules restricting one to what sub-forum they may post - see Forum Rule #6 for further explanation.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we [highlight]will NOT tolerate any personal attacks[/highlight] or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

VERY Libertarian and fair. Never asked for a ban per se, but solius(sic) seems to want to be the antagonist of the forum, as though OC is something they are against.
Not sure what your point is. Solus is not in violation of the rules.

gutshot II

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Oh, yeah? Then what do the words, "or at any other time", mean?
"or at any other time" means, within the meaning of disaster or state of emergency. There is no comma after "39A" and "or at any other time." KRS 39A.010 Legislative intent covers more than disasters and emergencies. If there was a comma between "39A" and "or at any other time" then it could go beyond just what is covered under KRS 39A.010.

gutshot II

"or at any other time" means, within the meaning of disaster or state of emergency. There is no comma after "39A" and "or at any other time." KRS 39A.010 Legislative intent covers more than disasters and emergencies. If there was a comma between "39A" and "or at any other time" then it could go beyond just what is covered under KRS 39A.010.
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.