• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Memories of massive OC get together in RVA.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Remember when the manager of Richmond Fuddrucker's refused entry to some of us following a VCDL meeting? We were too late (by minutes) to join those already inside and she appeared to be an anti. We gravitated to the Olive Garden and vowed to go up the food chain with our concerns.

When the General Manager was informed the next day, he extended an open house invitation to us all. Wow! Did we ever pack the house. Without a doubt the event became the largest OC lunch/dinner in the history of Virginia OCing.

People came from multiple states, politicians spoke, we ended up with almost standing room only. We filled the parking lot with attendees being photographed. The food was good, the comradery unmatched.

Wish that Fuddrucker's were still here. Those in Nova don't have the same feel.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This was bumped out of my memory bank when I saw today is Tom's (General Manager) birthday.
RichmondFuddruckers

Thanks for the memories and good times Tom. Would love to hear from you again.

The Wolfhound

It was a great event!

I miss many of the people that showed up that day. I miss those hamburgers, too. We are not in the habit of eating out often but "Fudds" was always a welcome stop for the family.