• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paypal ceases use of it features for firearms & ammo purchases

solus

[FONT=&quot]We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.
For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:[/FONT]

• Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
  • Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
  • Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.
[FONT=&quot]https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/What-is-PayPal’s-policy-on-transactions-that-involve-firearms-FAQ585[/FONT]

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Is this a change? I have not studied their policies in detail, but that is along the lines of what I think it has been for quite a while.
It may be, but I had dealings with paypal back in their beginning and the attorneys also involved in those dealings determined they were not a reparable organization.

solus

here is what brought it to my attention:
https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/224285428-PayPal-Policy-on-Firearms
quote GunBroker: GB HelpUpdated 2 days ago

PayPal's firearms policy:

PayPal does not allow the use of its service or logo for selling firearms, certain firearm parts or ammunition.

Click the following link to read the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. Using PayPal for payments associated with items that are prohibited by their Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or closure of your PayPal account.

Use of PayPal on GunBroker.com:

PayPal can be used for many items sold on GunBroker.com, so we do list PayPal as a payment option. We cannot provide a direct link to PayPal from a listing or during the checkout process. If you select PayPal as a payment option, you need to submit payment directly from the PayPal website.

unquote.

WalkingWolf

I only use paypal for ebay linked to credit card. I no longer keep a balance in paypal account due to their anti gun policies, though using their debit card clearly circumvents their policies.

I have a paypal credit card for years, I have never used it, may be time to cancel it.