• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Organizers hope to draw half a million to gun control rally

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"WASHINGTON (AP) - Thousands are gathering in Washington Saturday for a protest that organizers claim will be a defining moment in the long-simmering national debate over gun-control legislation.

Organizers of the March for Our Lives rally are hoping to draw 500,000 protesters; that would match last year's women's march and make this one of the largest Washington protests since the Vietnam era. It would also bolster claims that the nation is ready to enact sweeping changes to its gun control laws. More than 800 marches are planned in cities across America and dozens of locations overseas to be held at roughly the same time."
https://tinyurl.com/y7zg3yjn

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[h=3]Students plan March For Our Lives event in Richmond[/h]"March For Our Lives was organized following the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL, that left 17 dead. The rally is intended to call for an end to gun violence and shootings in schools."
https://tinyurl.com/y8oh7wvw

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
"WASHINGTON (AP) - Thousands are gathering in Washington Saturday for a protest that organizers claim will be a defining moment in the long-simmering national debate over gun-control legislation.

Organizers of the March for Our Lives rally are hoping to draw 500,000 protesters; that would match last year's women's march and make this one of the largest Washington protests since the Vietnam era. It would also bolster claims that the nation is ready to enact sweeping changes to its gun control laws. More than 800 marches are planned in cities across America and dozens of locations overseas to be held at roughly the same time."
https://tinyurl.com/y7zg3yjn
And what did the women get out of their march????? As far as I can tell, nothing.

The last loosely organized gun rally I was at, there was about 1,500 gun owners, at least 2,500 firearms, thousand of rounds of ammo and one lonely protester.

What do the anti-gunners have to enforce their demands?

solus

Hummm...

[FONT=&quot]“After a heated exchange between leaders of the march and Park Service, [/FONT]ABC-TV[FONT=&quot]-funded researchers at [/FONT]Boston University[FONT=&quot] estimated the crowd size to be about 837,000 members, with a 20% margin of error.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Million Man March was a gathering en masse of African-American men in Washington, D.C., on October 16, 1995. Called by Louis Farrakhan, it was held on and around the National Mall.”

Didn’t help this group’s plight either!

me thinks tho they need to hire a researcher in the newspeek org![/FONT]

HP995

This is bad. Actually as much as I liked the counter-march idea, the pro-2A need our own separate events to be more proactive. At this point I would say every single gun owner needs to become an all out activist to preserve our rights. Be counted. I know many people here have paid their dues moreso than myself, so I'm pointing the finger at me too! We all have different abilities, let's each do what we can locally and online to turn this thing around.

JTHunter2

It is truly unfortunate that these young people are so easily fooled and led astray by equally misguided donors.

There is a phrase used in this country - "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL" and that is true for the Bill of Rights as well. Without the other Amendments in the B.o.R. - including the Second, they would ALL FALL and this country would die.

You know as well as I do that, if people tried to silence this "mob mentality", they would scream to high heavens about their First Amendment rights. But they think nothing about taking away others rights. Unfortunately, in doing so, they also diminish their own rights!

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It is truly unfortunate that these young people are so easily fooled and led astray by equally misguided donors.

There is a phrase used in this country - "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL" and that is true for the Bill of Rights as well. Without the other Amendments in the B.o.R. - including the Second, they would ALL FALL and this country would die.

You know as well as I do that, if people tried to silence this "mob mentality", they would scream to high heavens about their First Amendment rights. But they think nothing about taking away others rights. Unfortunately, in doing so, they also diminish their own rights!

No, they want to infringe on your first amendment too.

Last edited by a moderator:

solus

HP995, no the pro should’t hold a march as that would show we are wantabe and when we olde folk can’t muster the numbers we will lose even more credibility in our cause(s)!

JTHunter~ youn’ are taught to mind their elders and do what they are told to do as well as being allowed to participate in a party hardy type environment where they are being given attention, probably for the first time.

They do not recognize they are being used, why the are being used, but will soon discover shortly they are has beens when the anti’s crusaders abandon the young adults for a newer status symbol for their cause!

both are a shame!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
HP995, no the pro should’t hold a march as that would show we are wantabe and when we olde folk can’t muster the numbers we will lose even more credibility in our cause(s)!

JTHunter~ youn’ are taught to mind their elders and do what they are told to do as well as being allowed to participate in a party hardy type environment where they are being given attention, probably for the first time.

They do not recognize they are being used, why the are being used, but will soon discover shortly they are has beens when the anti’s crusaders abandon the young adults for a newer status symbol for their cause!

both are a shame!

Some would say"What a damn sham shame it is Sam."

HP995

We should have everything - rallies, local interaction, word of mouth, online, some media.

If we can't engage the young people then we go extinct.

It kinda sucks but every generation has to fight for freedom. Some politics is easier than the bloodshed sacrifice that so many others made, before, for us.

It takes some love and selflessness to fight for other people's right, the next generation's rights. The Founders did. Either we have that quality or we don't. We'll find out soon!

solus

We should have everything - rallies, local interaction, word of mouth, online, some media.

If we can't engage the young people then we go extinct.

It kinda sucks but every generation has to fight for freedom. Some politics is easier than the bloodshed sacrifice that so many others made, before, for us.

It takes some love and selflessness to fight for other people's right, the next generation's rights. The Founders did. Either we have that quality or we don't. We'll find out soon!

So you feel we should get emotional, frantic, and holde our breath for 16 minutes like the young lady in washington did, to what point?

oh wait let's get some 12yo to stand on the stage yammering into a microphone in a pre-adolescent hi pitched whine preaching the 2A gospel with our smattering of olde folk group gathering at our rally under the palm tree standing around.

what freedom or right is this next generation seeking~i'll wait, no actually i won't cuz there isn't a freedom or right they need.

shall we recap, civil rights? what right was taken away from one group to give to another? GLBT same question?

what love or selflessness or quality did our founders/framers extend and to whom and when: the colonial women, the negros, the indigenous natives?

echofiveniner

Thousands of people gathered today to ask the government to take away thier rights. Who knew that you wouldn't need tyrants to take the rights away, the useful idiots will do it for you.

HP995

...yammering...

An apt word! GLBT? Women? Huh??? They're doing just fine, thanks very much to the system the Founders started, not in spite of it. All you have to do is look elsewhere in the world at similar times throughout history to dispel these revisionist myths.

Either we go the extra mile to preserve the freedoms we have, we teach the next generation, or be prepared to kiss it all goodbye. That's reality as I see it, sorry - I don't make the rules. If you don't mind America without the Bill of Rights, as long as it's after your time or in your twilight years, that's you! It would bother me.

Who knew that you wouldn't need tyrants to take the rights away, the useful idiots will do it for you.

Yep! And it's not the first time, other nations did that too. People aren't bright enough for their own good, especially with so much propaganda. Gotta reach them. Our future, what's left of it even though we're over the hill, rests with them.

solus

An apt word! GLBT? Women? Huh??? They're doing just fine, thanks very much to the system the Founders started, not in spite of it. All you have to do is look elsewhere in the world at similar times throughout history to dispel these revisionist myths.

Either we go the extra mile to preserve the freedoms we have, we teach the next generation, or be prepared to kiss it all goodbye. That's reality as I see it, sorry - I don't make the rules. If you don't mind America without the Bill of Rights, as long as it's after your time or in your twilight years, that's you! It would bother me.

Yep! And it's not the first time, other nations did that too. People aren't bright enough for their own good, especially with so much propaganda. Gotta reach them. Our future, what's left of it even though we're over the hill, rests with them.

Asked previously ~ what freedoms? What rights? Which generation & what specifically do you feel the next generation needs to be taught? You are speaking in vague emotionalized innuendo, be specific!

This country has had it share of horrible atrocities and we will have more, of that I am sure! But as the adage goes you can’t make them drink!

HP995

Asked previously ~ what freedoms? What rights? ...

Casting twice doesn't mean I'll necessarily bite. You say "emotional" while presenting emotional statements. You demand answers while overlooking the points that have already been specified. These concepts should not be foreign to Americans. I'd be just as happy to help you as I would younger folk, but my priority is preserving those rights and freedoms (there's that mysterious phrase again!) so I'm going to put my time into the areas that I hope will yield the best results. Generally that will be something designed to raise awareness for a larger audience rather than an argument with one person. Gotta make my time count; we need the numbers!

CJ4wd

No, they want to infringe on your first amendment too.[/SIZE]

Very true but they don't understand we need ALL the amendments or we won't have ANY. I believe the Founders put the first five of the Amendments in the order they did because of their importance in forming a new political system and country.
The First would mean nothing without the strength of the Second to back it up and protect it. That is also the probable reason that only ONE amendment, the Second, specifically has the phrase "not be infringed" in it. No other Amendment has that word or phrase in its text.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
John Lott goes head on into the gun control crowd.

"March for Our Lives: Gun control ideas sound good, but are deeply flawed and won't save lives"
https://tinyurl.com/y9jleutt

Excellent read.

Also see his piece on gun free zones.
"The one common issue that we see in all of these shootings is that they all occurred in gun-free zones. Criminals aren’t stupid. They know that will maximize the body count.”
https://tinyurl.com/ybg5qsyw

Last edited: