• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need 2A Lawyer near Skagit County

ghosthunter

One of my handguns was picked up in a traffic stop involving a family member. Turns out one of the passengers in the car had a felony record. The gun was locked in the trunk in a case. The family member had forgot about it.
I was contacted on 2/2/18 by Tribal Police that they had it and that it would be returned to me after the case was complete.

I called to check on it and the officer said they were waiting for Prosecutor to give permission to return it.
Called couple weeks later was told they were now waiting for a state background check.
It will be 30 days since that call next week.

Think I am getting the political run around. Not that the gun is valuable, just a .22 revolver. But leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they wont return it to me.

Thinking I might need a little legal help to return it.

solus

One of my handguns was picked up in a traffic stop involving a family member. Turns out one of the passengers in the car had a felony record. The gun was locked in the trunk in a case. The family member had forgot about it.
I was contacted on 2/2/18 by Tribal Police that they had it and that it would be returned to me after the case was complete.

I called to check on it and the officer said they were waiting for Prosecutor to give permission to return it.
Called couple weeks later was told they were now waiting for a state background check.
It will be 30 days since that call next week.

Think I am getting the political run around. Not that the gun is valuable, just a .22 revolver. But leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they wont return it to me.

Thinking I might need a little legal help to return it.

Quit calling as it does not leave a paper trail for you to use in court. (judge, i called, tribal police: don't recall ever hearing from them! Who did they talk to? Let me check into that judge...)

Send registered letters, return receipt requests at a minimum of twice monthly to the Tribal police chief as well as the prosecutor citing whatever RCW or tribal ordinance(s) you can find as well as a copy of the 'receipt' you got!

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Quit calling as it does not leave a paper trail for you to use in court. (judge, i called, tribal police: don't recall ever hearing from them! Who did they talk to? Let me check into that judge...)

Send registered letters, return receipt requests at a minimum of twice monthly to the Tribal police chief as well as the prosecutor citing whatever RCW or tribal ordinance(s) you can find as well as a copy of the 'receipt' you got!
Correct, and what happened to your car. and how did they get into the trunk?