• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alambama - boots on the ground

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Where is everybody? This sub-forum has gone fallow - last post was 9/17/17.

Surely there are people OCing there. Reports whether positive or negative add to the knowledge base and point people in the right direction, indicate what action/response would be most beneficial.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

There are many of us who open carry here. I don't want to be seen as bashing any gun rights group, but I will tell you that the actions of some of those groups, especially with their cooperation with the Alabama Sheriffs' Association, has left a sour taste in a lot of mouths.

The ASA is more of a PAC than it is a law enforcement organization. Any elected official, and especially our legislators, who go against the ASA can forget re-election. That is a fact and is the major reason a pistol permit is still required to carry in your car or on a two-wheeled vehicle.

Again, I am not bashing, but attempting to shed some light on why there is so little activity. If the mods see this as bashing, please remove it.