• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC breakfast, Greater Richmond, Sat. April 14

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC breakfast, Greater Richmond, Sat. April 14[SUP]th[/SUP] at 9:00 am

Shoney's
8415 W Broad St.
Richmond, VA

Great variety of food and very accepting of OC.

I am generally able to do 2-3 plate fulls before I max out.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The above picture exaggerates a little bit as a majority of the runners are headed for the VCDL's Stand For Your Rights Rally today.
https://vcdl.org/event-2890996

It is too much standing in one spot for long periods of time and a lot of walking for me, so I'll be at the breakfast as posted.

BTW - today is Patriots Day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Shoney's was packed - people everywhere had come out with the warmer weather.

Enjoyed 3 plates of food from the buffet. Lots of looks, some flair eyes, some smiling faces, most don't notice.

One nicely dressed lady stopped at my table and made the remark, "That's a really big gun." To which I responded, "Where?" Laughing I continued to tell her it was actually a smaller version (officers model) of a full size 1911. As she departed she exclaimed, "Well I like it."

As I was getting my last plate, a gentleman stepped in front of me staring hard at me. I moved to the side and he did also, effectively blocking me, and continued with the hard stare, bad attitude look. I proceeded to give him my most evil dagger eyes until he dropped his face and returned to his seat.

Long story short: first person to blink loses. I was not going to turn my back to such an individual who seemed to want confrontation or worse.

As I was paying my check, there he was watching - I can only guess waiting to see what the cashier would say. When she (the cashier) said nothing about the tool on my hip and obviously knew me, you could almost hear him deflate. He slunk out the door.

OC is for self-defense and the deterrent factor thereto, but it is also about education of those we see throughout the day. Hopefully it also encourages others to do likewise.

Last edited: