• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10,000+ high school students expected to converge on VA Capitol

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"More than 10,000 high school students are expected to converge on the state Capitol on Friday, rallying for tougher gun control."
There is that nasty media driven phrase again - pushed into the minds of of the not fully mature, impressionable minds of our young adults.
https://tinyurl.com/yc7vgc9c

We must help them to see the fallacy of blaming the tool, rather than the person's conduct. Informed, educated decisions trump being media driven lemmings.

Take a kid or a bunch of kids to the range. Let them discover the safety and satisfaction in a job well done. Then we shall see to which drummer they march.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Phillip Van Cleve, with the Citizens Defense League said the group is marching for restrictions on gun civil rights and called the march misguided."

“If they`re looking for solutions there are plenty of places they need to look, but guns are not it,” Van Cleave said. “That`s just a tool. The bad guys misuse the tool, that`s not the tool`s fault.”

https://tinyurl.com/ybo5lq75

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would like to be a fly on the wall and observe how many students actually attend this. I would be quite surprised if their numbers came close to the prediction.

WalkingWolf

Would like to be a fly on the wall and observe how many students actually attend this. I would be quite surprised if their numbers came close to the prediction.

Most of the marches so far has been adults, not even that much college age adults. The hype is wearing off, and what is left is just the rabid liberals, and antifa.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Most of the marches so far has been adults, not even that much college age adults. The hype is wearing off, and what is left is just the rabid liberals, and antifa.

We shall see what the media has to say about this on the evening news. Hope there is some semblance of balanced and fair reporting.

The Wolfhound

Radio reports

3PM report had a total of about 200 people at the capital. Below our gun rights rally last weekend and WAY below the 10,000 predicted.

4:30 report has Capital Police quoted with 3-400. FAIL!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
3PM report had a total of about 200 people at the capital. Below our gun rights rally last weekend and WAY below the 10,000 predicted.

From the picture I saw, the antis would seem to have finally succeeded in getting one LEO for every participant...:lol:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Between charley horses and staring at their I-phones, I would think marching to the capital would be exhausting.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a Republican candidate for governor, addressed the crowd and later criticized the walkout movement.

"Instead of walking out of class, why don't you stay in class and spend that half hour studying the Second Amendment? You might learn something," Kobach said later."
https://tinyurl.com/y9nxbstv

What a difference between one state politician and those in Virginia. We must turn this around !

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
"Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a Republican candidate for governor, addressed the crowd and later criticized the walkout movement.

"Instead of walking out of class, why don't you stay in class and spend that half hour studying the Second Amendment? You might learn something," Kobach said later."
https://tinyurl.com/y9nxbstv

What a difference between one state politician and those in Virginia. We must turn this around !

Problem is they don't learn about the constitution in class anymore! :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Problem is they don't learn about the constitution in class anymore! :banghead:

That's a big word.

Some think it was when some old people sat down with the Indians to eat turkey, fish, and corn. Then they smoked some loco weed and everybody gave thanks. They had strong constitutions. ..:p

Last edited:

HP995

Some think it was when some old people sat down with the Indians to eat turkey, fish, and corn. Then they smoked some loco weed and everybody gave thanks. They had strong constitutions.

That was very well-written! 👍 I think my Constitution is getting weaker, can't do some of the things I used to.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That was very well-written! 👍 I think my Constitution is getting weaker, can't do some of the things I used to.
It takes all night to do what you used to do all night.

Once a knight, always a knight. Once a night is but a dim memory.

Yes, I will go sit in the corner now.

HP995

I was talking about my Constitution getting weaker, not my constitution although it's seen better days. :D