• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ConcealedCarryServices.org

user

Accomplished Advocate
Just saw an ad for this website on search engine results. I found it interesting because it has absolutely no information on the website identifying the business that operates it. Even in their "terms and conditions" page in which most websites will identify a legal entity for contractual reasons, theirs only identifies them as "the owner of this website". A glance at the WhoIs data indicates that the owner is as follows:

Registrant Organization: Privacy Protect, LLC (PrivacyProtect.org)
Registrant Street: 10 Corporate Drive
Registrant City: Burlington
Registrant State/Province: MA
Registrant Postal Code: 01803

That's one of those "anonymizer" services that keeps people from knowing who's really behind the website. Who'd send money to who-knows-who having something to do with a company in Massachussetts to get help with a Va. CHP application?

Here's another item of interest: nowhere on the site do they describe in detail what it is, exactly, that they do. Obviously, they can't do the fingerprinting or filing of an application, since those thing have to be done by local police or sheriff, and in-person or by an attorney licensed in Va., respectively. They say they charge seventeen dollars and provide a "guide". I wouldn't be surprised to find they've violated our copyright as to the information provided which they could have sucked off of OCDO. Here's something else that indicates they don't know what they're doing: the menu lists options for "concealed carry application assistance", "official state licensing website", and "application status check". The "assistance" page contains a fill-in-the-blanks form that requests personal information INCLUDING DATE OF BIRTH which they couldn't possibly have any legitimate use for, and the other two pages only take you to the VSP website, which is neither responsible for "licensing" nor "status" (there is no license scheme in Va., and only the local circuit court clerk can give information about the status of an application).

Finally, and to me this is the kicker: there is no entity called anything like, "concealed carry services", registered with the Virginia State Corporation Commission - i.e., this entity does not legally exist in Virginia. No telling whether it actually exists somewhere else, because there's no way to tell where they're located.

My guess is that the website is a sneaky way to gather information about gun owners, whether by some misguided law enforcement organization, some supremacist group, or the Bloomberg anti-defense league. I wouldn't recommend that anyone send them any money, or have any contact with them at all.

Feel free to copy this opinion to anyone who may be interested.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
These outfits usually will not let you see the contract before purchasing. I refer to these kinds of deals as Nancy Pelosi contracts. You have to buy it to find out what's in it.

1911LVR

My WHOIS search for concealedcarryservices.org reveals little else...

Registrant Contact Information:
Name Domain Admin, C/O ID#10760
Organization Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
Address PO Box 16
City Nobby Beach
State / Province Queensland
Postal Code QLD 4218
Country AU
Phone +45.36946676
Email contact@privacyprotect.org

Personally I'd stay away.