• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today I resigned from the VCDL. I am still a member of the NRA

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
SNIP:
Don't blame "You all" if snippets of the film are used in anti-gun political ads in Virginia.

^^^^THIS^^^^

If I were a consultant doing opposition research on a conservative candidate the first thing I would do is look to see if the VCDL supports the candidate, if so I would hammer away on arming children and it would get so much traction.

I am one that is always in need of God's Grace, but some of you (VCDL members & OCDO members), some of you actually frighten me. Some of you have taken liberties and argue logical fallacies and make wild assertions. I absolutely do believe that some of you are without question unhinged, and I assert that in the hopes that you all take a moment to calm down and get a hold of your faculties.

I get no satisfaction from saying "I told you so", but y'all are going to find out when the next silly season (politicians running for office) opens up. I am going to make a prediction here first, some of you will get a mailer from a political candidate and it will directly reference VCDL, and the arming of children.

solus

SNIP: ^^^^THIS^^^^

If I were a consultant doing opposition research on a conservative candidate the first thing I would do is look to see if the VCDL supports the candidate, if so I would hammer away on arming children and it would get so much traction.

I am one that is always in need of God's Grace, but some of you (VCDL members & OCDO members), some of you actually frighten me. Some of you have taken liberties and argue logical fallacies and make wild assertions. I absolutely do believe that some of you are without question unhinged, and I assert that in the hopes that you all take a moment to calm down and get a hold of your faculties.

I get no satisfaction from saying "I told you so", but y'all are going to find out when the next silly season (politicians running for office) opens up. I am going to make a prediction here first, some of you will get a mailer from a political candidate and it will directly reference VCDL, and the arming of children.

Forgive me T, you seem to forget you, in knee jerk response, have gone screaming into the community saying the dike is leaking and instead of putting your middle finger in the hole, you resign!

Yet now that you have heard other perspectives, including that the scams was pulled on other leading national figures, Palin, Cheney, Tobias, Arpiao, Walsh, Koppel, Moore, [https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...sarah-palin-joe-arpaio-roy-moore-dick-cheney] all in the name of 'entertainment' by the showman Cohen...guess this shows PVC was in good company.

So now you sit there pontificating saying WE are frightening you & YOU feel we are unhinged, sorry I misspoke you stated, 'without question unhinged' didn't you.

I am sorry to say, I certainly hope you intend to practice what you preached above, which I took liberty to highlighted, and get over yourself!

cheers mate!

OC for ME

On Sunday, February 11, 2018, I did the interview in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. About 5 minutes into the interview, my radar turned on big time when the interviewer was making claims about Israeli schools training selected children to use firearms from age 17 down to age 4 (!) as a last ditch effort in stopping a terrorist attack on a school if the teachers and security staff had been killed. The children would have codes to unlock secured firearms in such a case.
If the above is from PVC, continuing after this point is clearly a indicator of poor judgement. Get up and walk out without a word spoken as to why, extend a humble thank you for the opportunity, then skedaddle...nope that did not happen.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
On Sunday, February 11, 2018, I did the interview in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. About 5 minutes into the interview, my radar turned on big time when the interviewer was making claims about Israeli schools training selected children to use firearms from age 17 down to age 4 (!) as a last ditch effort in stopping a terrorist attack on a school if the teachers and security staff had been killed. The children would have codes to unlock secured firearms in such a case.

If the above is from PVC, continuing after this point is clearly a indicator of poor judgement. Get up and walk out without a word spoken as to why, extend a humble thank you for the opportunity, then skedaddle...nope that did not happen.
Quite sure that is not attributable to PVC.

OC for ME

Here is the full content:

QUICK HISTORY REVIEW

FEBRUARY'S ALERTS

Here are links to the original VA-ALERTs:

URGENT! An attack on gun-rights leaders is underway - spread the word!
(2/20/2018)

http://www.listbox.com/member/archi...0134920:C09652EC-166E-11E8-825D-E00EA76D0B66/

or

https://tinyurl.com/y9byse3h

Really?

From the information in the scroll box contained at the links you posted above. Ninth paragraph down.
This looks almost "identical" to the pull quote below ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/7z6nu1/anti2a_groups_seeking_to_embarrass_2a_groups_and/ ) from my previous post.

Quite sure that is not attributable to PVC.
You posted the links...are they from PVC or not. If not why post information not attributed to PVC. If they are from PVC, why deny that they are from PVC.

Clarification is requested.

OC for ME

gutshot II

The long good-byes

I quit two marriages faster than some people are taking to resign from VCDL. If you quit, just quit and move on or are you really wanting somebody to beg you to stay? If you are, I suggest you give up on that. It doesn't look like it's going to happen. I have never seen any organization that would suffer significantly from the loss of just a few members. Some of those organizations where actually better off after the resignations. Summertime soldiers, so to speak.

OC for ME

I quit two marriages faster than some people are taking to resign from VCDL. If you quit, just quit and move on or are you really wanting somebody to beg you to stay? If you are, I suggest you give up on that. It doesn't look like it's going to happen. I have never seen any organization that would suffer significantly from the loss of just a few members. Some of those organizations where actually better off after the resignations. Summertime soldiers, so to speak.
+1

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
SNIP:

If you quit, just quit and move on or are you really wanting somebody to beg you to stay? If you are, I suggest you give up on that. It doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I appreciate the "if" in your response.

BTW, I did quit. The p.o. box should have probably received my resignation today.

Last edited:

HP995

Good comparison, but I'm not sure it's good advice. Is high divorce rate good for society? Is quitting an org the first sign of disagreement without voting, complaining, or thinking it through good for a cause? I've seen a lot of people lose big by doing so, forfeiting their influence, especially conservatives. We seem prone to this. Of course it doesn't help that nowadays everyone just doubles down and may not want to listen to input, but no one is impervious. They are just spoiled rotten by the easy life where any serious dissenters always give up after one day!

WalkingWolf

Good comparison, but I'm not sure it's good advice. Is high divorce rate good for society? Is quitting an org the first sign of disagreement without voting, complaining, or thinking it through good for a cause? I've seen a lot of people lose big by doing so, forfeiting their influence, especially conservatives. We seem prone to this. Of course it doesn't help that nowadays everyone just doubles down and may not want to listen to input, but no one is impervious. They are just spoiled rotten by the easy life where any serious dissenters always give up after one day!

Throwing pithy tantrums is the rage. It is usually the far left that does it, but those somewhere in between are not immune. IMO the response is no different than the public bawling that took place after the election results of 2016.

WalkingWolf

Forgive me Grape if I break any rules by posting this image. I hope the hearts of certain members are strong enough to take it.

da169ab093a8537757a0dfd95a2a2236.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You haven't missed it, the parade is on the comments section on the VCDL's facebook page that cites an article.
There is no official VCDL facebook page. it is an independent site not affiliated in anyway with VCDL.

I have heard that if you post anything different than following the party line that he/Ed will delete it and likely ban you. That is sure to give a balance perspective...:(..
icon13.png

Indications are that this is the same Ed as on OCDO and who tried to copyright VCDL's orange ball with Guns Save Lives. His submission included a photograph of one of the stickers with VCDL plainly visible.

Last edited:

sidestreet

Please...,

see my reply (#62) to the "Sigh - PVC with Sacha Baron Cohen" thread this morning, I think that will be my only reply to both of these threads.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Philippians 1:3

Last edited:

SAvage410

So here's my take on this: Yes, it seems VCDL got snookered, but what is the alternative? If all we do is preach to the choir, we achieve nothing. We have to reach out to try to connect with people who might otherwise be swayed by the antis. Philip did that, and has done so many times in the past. I seem to recall only this latest and the Couric episodes where things went sideways. That's a pretty good track record, I think, and I doubt that many others could have done as well over the years. This is, unfortunately, a risk we take when trying to bring others into the fold. As it was, Philip called himself out, warning us and others of a rat in the woodpile rather than trying to cover up or minimize the episode.

My question to the other members of this forum is simply this:

Has anyone else on this forum ever attempted to reach out beyond the confines of gun owners in as public and as exposed a manner as he has (Grape, User, the late Peter Nap and Skidmark being the obvious exceptions)? Let us know how that went once you have.

Last edited:

wrearick

So here's my take on this: Yes, it seems VCDL got snookered, but what is the alternative? If all we do is preach to the choir, we achieve nothing. We have to reach out to try to connect with people who might otherwise be swayed by the antis. Philip did that, and has done so many times in the past. I seem to recall only this latest and the Couric episodes where things went sideways. That's a pretty good track record, I think, and I doubt that many others could have done as well over the years. This is, unfortunately, a risk we take when trying to bring others into the fold. As it was, Philip called himself out, warning us and others of a rat in the woodpile rather than trying to cover up or minimize the episode.

My question to the other members of this forum is simply this:

Has anyone else on this forum ever attempted to reach out beyond the confines of gun owners in as public and as exposed a manner as he has (Grape, User, the late Peter Nap and Skidmark being the obvious exceptions)? Let us know how that went once you have.

+1