• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jim Moran and Virginians Against Handgun Violence

glocknroll

imported post

TaosGlock wrote:
I am waiting for the day when the ATF decides the 50BMG is a "destructive device" and bans them overnight without any discussion. Like they did the Street Sweeper shotgun.
That will be the line in the sand for many folks.:cool:
The way I understand it, the secretary of the TREASURY can declare a firearm a destructive device any time he feels like it. After all, the ATF is a tax collection agency.

glocknroll

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
Why are these people specifically against handgun violence? Why not against violence in general?

I mean, I'm against handgun violence too. I just use my gun to protect myself against those who are in favor of it.
You are falling right into the propaganda trap. Look at the language: "gun violence". There is no such thing. Guns are inanimate objects. People are violent. The constant association of "guns" and "violence" by the anti's burns that image into peoples brains. Kind of like "reasonable gun control".

glocknroll

imported post

glocknroll wrote:
TaosGlock wrote:
I am waiting for the day when the ATF decides the 50BMG is a "destructive device" and bans them overnight without any discussion. Like they did the Street Sweeper shotgun.
That will be the line in the sand for many folks.:cool:
The way I understand it, the secretary of the TREASURY can declare a firearm a destructive device any time he feels like it. After all, the ATF is a tax collection agency.
I need to make a correction here. Since the Homeland Security Act, the ATF is under the Dept. of Homeland Security. All references to the Secretary of the Treasury have been left in the wording of the NFA, but they are now understood by a revision of the federal code to refer to the Attorney General. I should have done my research before I shot off my big mouth.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Toad wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Good heavens. Is that a rifle cartridge or an artillery shell? :shock::)
OH MY!!!!
I do believe that I need one.....because I always wanted to find out what it is actually like to be kicked by a mule!! :lol:

While you are a teenager, young, recover easily, dumb, know every thing - a mule or a too big gun teaches good lessons about invincible forces and immoveable objects.

And respect for Grandfather, a small man that stood in front of serious big game and took the recoil of too big guns before the game was up.