• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Asks Mayors & Police Chiefs to Sign Pledge

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Alarmed by the way authorities confiscated guns in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, the National Rifle Association called on all police chiefs and mayors Thursday to sign a pledge they will never forcibly disarm law-abiding citizens.

"Mayors and police chiefs have already sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States in their oaths of office. So signing this pledge should be just as effortless," NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre said a day before the 4 million-member group opens its annual convention in Milwaukee.

The nation's most powerful gun lobbying group also said it would support state and federal legislation making it a crime to forcibly disarm law-abiding citizens.

"We need this legislation because Katrina blew a hole in the Constitution that will continue to hemorrhage until we stop it," said Chris W. Cox, an NRA lobbyist.

http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/pledge_ad.pdf

TaosGlock

imported post

jpierce wrote:
"We need this legislation because Katrina blew a hole in the Constitution that will continue to hemorrhage until we stop it," said Chris W. Cox, an NRA lobbyist.
I am sympathetic to their (NRA) cause, and support then fully. It is my M1A and my willingness to use it that may well be what it takes to stop the growing hole.
I absolutely could not believe my eyes when I saw some of the confiscation videos.:shock:

The hired confiscation thugs got off easy this time.