Thread: Restaurant Open Carry Map

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I was thinking on plugging the Frappr map at http://www.frappr.com/opencarry/map in the next issue of the defender. Anyone have any concerns, comments, suggestions on doing that?

Post imported post

That sounds like a good idea. It would give a little more exposure to OC. One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing added to frapper is an icon for anti-gun establishments, just so we know who not to give out business to.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I thought about adding the anti locations to the map, but when I started the prototyping, it seemed to get real confusing really quickly. I can setup a separate map for anti locations, but again that's another place one has to register. I'm open to suggestions on this frappr page and willing to take all input.

If the group thinks adding anti locations is a good idea, then we can add them. Personally it just clutters the map and adds confusion if you are just trying to look up a place to eat/etc.

Post imported post

Personally I would like to see the 'anti' places also but I do understand how it could turn into a big CF on the Frappr map.

I could host/maintain a simple page offsite from the frappr? Just link to it from the Frappr page? thoughts?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

This thread lives... Again....

I wouldn't mind seeing this, and I'd be happy to help administrate it, if anyone might have forgotten about this.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Coltcarrier runs it, might see if he wants a to pass it over. Geeze I notice Tonys is on there .

Post imported post

Is there a link to it?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Open Carry Map on frappr [old and unmaintained] This project died a while back due to frappr changing the interface and restricting the adding of locations. I am still looking into methods of reviving it, but haven't had much time

ABNO: sent you a pm with more info...

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Personally I would like to see the 'anti' places also but I do understand how it could turn into a big CF on the Frappr map.

I could host/maintain a simple page offsite from the frappr? Just link to it from the Frappr page? thoughts?

How about 2 different maps? One with "friendly" and one with "anti" this would make for a cleaner...less cluttered map and give us the information we want/need.

Also in an effort to make the maps user friendly, maybe have them set up by County or Region.....ie: if I am interested in Hampton Roads or Arlington County I could pull up the appropriate map...etc...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

the current design I am looking into will allow you to use google earth or google maps to view different lists for pro and anti locations... The challenge is being able to input the data efficiently and providing a decent interface.

I just haven't had much time to work on it lately

Post imported post

I have the time, if not the dedication.

I lack the knowledge for creating an interface, unless a little knowledge of VB counts... :P