• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Florida Needs Open Carry

xdron

imported post

I'm new on this board, but glad I found it. I should have my CCW soon, and have signed the petition for OC. Personally, I think I'd still carry concealed, but at least I wouldn't have to worrying about "brandishing" if something happened in this hot, humid climate and the pistol printed or was briefly exposed.

Keep up the hard work all, we may get it.

Oh, yeah, forgot to add, I've also emailed my local representatives, expressing my opinion and asking for their stance on OC. I'll update if/when I get a response.

opspecial

imported post

i have had a ccw in florida now for 14 years. i find it hard to conceal with the clothing most times. i have tried various iwb methods. unless your don johnson wjth the coat and all that is. i lived in arizona previously and they allowed open carry when i was there. but my concern is with ccw, if anyone sees it your in violation, not right in my book. but on the same subject, if they allow open carry, and i add my coat cause believe it or not it does warrant one some times. am i going to break the law if i also don't maintain the ccw? i believe that a ccw holder should be allowed some leeway. i even went so far as to ask the local sheriff, that if my firearm is secured out of site and i have my holster still on and it becomes visible am i breaking the law? he just stared at me and my vehicle and kinda said no without the actual words coming out.