• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Clark County.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

being a resident of Alaska, Wa dosnt recognice my Ak permit(even tho I didnt have to have one I got it just cause). I turned in my Wa papewprk three weeks ago. yet being a non res they have 60days to tell me no.

So I have been Oc'ing my sidearm. I have been to a few restuarants the walmart on 192, a few gun shops a gas station(didnt go in) and walking the two blocks to a friends out(starting the 5mpg truck didnt make since). I have not been harrased about carrying tho I have gotten alota WTF looks and ONE :shock:"thats not a good Idea" to witch i replied I'm legaly intitled to do what I do and I will do it till the end of time itself;).

I will continue to oc till one of three things happen in Wa.
1.i get in trouble
2.i go back to alaska(first of june)
3.I get an envelope from the county with a nice wallet sized piece of paper.

but IMHO cc is a pita. being as I'm from alaska I oc everyware and RARELY cc.:cool:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

murphyslaw wrote:
being a resident of Alaska, Wa dosnt recognice my Ak permit(even tho I didnt have to have one I got it just cause). I turned in my Wa papewprk three weeks ago. yet being a non res they have 60days to tell me no.

So I have been Oc'ing my sidearm. I have been to a few restuarants the walmart on 192, a few gun shops a gas station(didnt go in) and walking the two blocks to a friends out(starting the 5mpg truck didnt make since). I have not been harrased about carrying tho I have gotten alota WTF looks and ONE :shock:"thats not a good Idea" to witch i replied I'm legaly intitled to do what I do and I will do it till the end of time itself;).

I will continue to oc till one of three things happen in Wa.
1.i get in trouble
2.i go back to alaska(first of june)
3.I get an envelope from the county with a nice wallet sized piece of paper.

but IMHO cc is a pita. being as I'm from alaska I oc everyware and RARELY cc.:cool:
One caveat to your open carry, though.

Under RCW 9.41.050, you cannot carry a loaded pistol in your car, without a Washington State CPL or other recognized license, whether it's openly carried or concealed carry.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

yes I know I cannot have it loaded in the car when i get in I unload it and place it in a locked case. this process takes me a whole mabey 10sec. its worth the hastle to me.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I ventured around town again yesterday.

went to winco for groceries
76 on millplane and cheklov
and home town buffet for dinner with some friends.

so far so good.

anyone else interested in a little outing mabey lunch someware? and well all OC.(your most likely thinking uhh yeah right)

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

ok well today I mostly stuck to home but did OC to the cascade 16 theater(164th and mill plane) to see the 11.00PM showing of X-men lll. no one even batted an eye not even the knighthawk security guy.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

this morning went to the movies again saw posiden. then went and rented a few movies from the blockbuster on mill plane and cheklov. And went to the olive garden for lunch.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

today,

went to hometown buffet for breakfast. then this afternoon went for a walkabout in the walmart. man dont know how I could spend so much time there and not get anything.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I have stuck to home for the last few days, my travel planes changed so Im here for atleast another week.

today I oc'd to the block buster at 164th and 18th, to the Big 5 on mill plane.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

well over the weekend I oc'd to walmart twice the one on mill plane and the one one 192nd and to bimart on 4th plane. also arbys by the mill plane walmart, then the fargo lake(??) country store on st rt 503, and on the way back the calatchi(sp?) store in amboy i think. had conversation with a sheriffs officer at the fargo lake store(unrelated to my oc'ing, he was there and I started asking him questions about the sheriffs dept. and employent stuff) he never said anything about my sidearm that was prodominetly being desplayed in my owb holster at the 330 position(yes, I KNOW he saw it). went out and shoot 350rds and started training my lil bro(11yrs) on the 22 pistol even got him to shoot my 45(assisted of course). over all it was a good weekend.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

Well today officialy ended my movie theater going for a LONG LONG LONG time. Went to cascade 16 theater(164th) and was oc'ing. was with my little brother going to see cars. payed for my tickets was very nice waited in the lines to get in the door, handed my ticket to the guy he handed me back my stub. and while waiting in like to get popcorn, the manager aproched me "sir, im going to need you to leave your firearm in your car". I said "I'm legaly entitled to carry this firearm and an sorry for your companys policy, but I will be needing a refund" so I got my refund and was talking to the manager. Informed him that I had carried here many many times and this was the first to be problematic. He was nice and understood that i was legal but they had "rules" about it. I told him that unfortunitly this would cause me to terminate my business with the regal entertainment group perminetly, unless there policys were changed to allow me to posess my firearm in the facility. he again apologized and I told him to have a nice day. got home and just finished writing a long level headed and well thought out message to regal entertainment group. telling of my disagreement with there firearms policys. Wish I would have thought to save a copy before I sent it.

Im just frusterated.

the cc comunity would say well if you were ccing then it would'nt have happend. yeah well it would have still been wrong, and unless you face a problen you cant solve the problem.