• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norfolk VA?

PT-111

imported post

My family and I will be visiting Norfolk VA this summer while on vacation. (My wife carries a SIG P239 by the way) We have our TN permits and we know they are good in VA. We also know that open carry is the only accepted method of carry in a restaurant in VA.

What we would like to know is how well is open carry received in Norfolk by the police and the citizens there? Is open carry not advisable in Norfolk?

Also, we will be visiting the USS Wisconsin down town as I am a Plankowner and was station on board the Wisconsin from 1988 to 1990. Is open carry or concealed carry allowed at the Naughticus Maritime Museum and the Wisconsin?

Any info from any VA members would be greatly appreciated.

PT-111

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[align=left]Open carry shouldn't be a problem in Norfolk. (See my post under "Restaurant Carry") I understand the malls can be a pain, and are probably posted, but if there isn't a prohibition sign, you should be good to go. I can't speak specifically about Nauticus or the Wisconsin, but they are not federal facilities, so again, unless posted, should be OK. Actually, if they are publicly owned (state or city), it would be illegal for the staff to forbid carry, but if you are from out of state, it would probably be best to not make waves if they do, and let our VCDL take care of the anti-gun scofflaws.

Enjoy your visit!
[/align]