• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Makes Me Nicer!

mazellan819

imported post

I also have to agree with all the previous posters. I find I conduct myself in a more professional way when I am carrying. Whether its open or CC. I feel its my duty to do so. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Me, too. However, fellow OCDO'ers fall down suffocating with laughter when I mention that humility is one of the traits OC brings out inme.

VAopencarry

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Me, too. However, fellow OCDO'ers fall down suffocating with laughter when I mention that humility is one of the traits OC brings out inme.
That is too f'ing funny.

No kidding. I saw you had posted in here and 'came in here' to bust your chops if you had posted OC makes you nicer.:lol::lol: Carry on.........

ODA 226

imported post

Interesting point! Looking at the way I've lived my life (always been a fighter), whenever I am armed with myColt or SpringfieldModel 1911 (with the A1 modification ;)) I always walk away from potential confrontations that I normally wouldn't walk away from when only armed with my fists (ex: Someone saying something ugly to me etc.)

I guess in many ways, being armed forces one to become a more level-headed, responsible citizen.

David.Car

imported post

I too am always nice and polite, with or without a firearm.

As for appearance, I usually am wearing a short sleeve button up shirt, I found the little indents they seem to have at the sides help to go around the sides of my firearm without bunching. But I don't go looking to dress up, as long as I am wearing a clean shirt that doesn't have something obscene on it, I am good.

This was the last shirt I wore while OC:

536p_26c_ZoomB.jpg

Carnivore

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Interesting point! Looking at the way I've lived my life (always been a fighter), whenever I am armed with myColt or SpringfieldModel 1911 (with the A1 modification ;)) I always walk away from potential confrontations that I normally wouldn't walk away from when only armed with my fists (ex: Someone saying something ugly to me etc.)

I guess in many ways, being armed forces one to become a more level-headed, responsible citizen.

Very well put. I've always been quick as a cat and size never struck a note of fear in me either, If I came across someone looking for a horses Ass I wouldn't hesitate to show em one.Butin the last two yrs.knowing that packing (for me in the vehicle)carried with it a greater amount of responsibility, I've been more reasonable and held myself a level above the loudmouth in the crowd that sets out to bring a hush of submission across the crowd..

Witha personalfirearm present in the general population comes the responsibility of representing all who hold the 2nd A near and dear not just oneself