Thread: Feisty 78 Year Old Man Defends Himself

Post imported post

Story From CBS Chicago

A teenager who tried to rob a house is recovering after being shot by an elderly homeowner who decided to fight back.

But it's the life-and-death struggle that unfolded in south suburban Riverdale that stunned police.

The victim is a 78-year-old ex-Marine, who is also a disabled former firefighter.

The robbery suspect is 14-years-old.

Police say the teen surprised the homeowner. He took a pair of pruning shears, hit him in the head and left him for dead.

But, somehow, as the teen ransacked the house, the victim got up, got his gun and shot the suspect four times.

"This 78-year-old man today refused to be a victim. He was fighting for his life and today, he won," said Police Chief Pete Satriano.

The suspect is under arrest but still hospitalized.

That feisty homeowner has been treated and released.

Post imported post

A great job by the 78 year old of putting 4 coffin nails in that young criminal, and even tho' hes only 14 he did try to kill the older gentle man, too bad one of them didn't nail it shut.

Post imported post

Good for him! It just goes to show that refusing to be a victim is most effective when you can back it up with action... I hope that the young would-be robber lives to get the book thrown at him!

molonlabetn

Post imported post

I'll I have to say is don't mess with older Marines! I have met a lot of elderly Marines, and they are normally the last people I would want to go up against. That stupid kid is lucky to still be alive.

Semper Fi! -TEX1N

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Great bumper sticker, Tex. If the old guy was 5 years younger he probably would have just grabbed the little snot and thumped the hell outta him.:shock:

If this kid survives I hope he wakes up and heads down a different path than he is currently on.

Semper Fidelis!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Gadzooks!

Verily, these "bootnecks", however old, are bad to tangle with!

As a limey ex-squid, I thought that my old bunch,the Horse Gunners, were tough!

Seemingly, babes in arms in comparison!

Big hat-tip to the older gentleman, strange, is it not, that a large number of justifiable shootings are carried out by the old timers?

Damnedgood show ,I suggest!

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

Guess this punk now knows why there are no "former" or "ex" Marines.