Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 936

Thread: Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

  1. #51
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Wife needed to pick up a few items so we went to Walmart at Southpoint II in Spotsy. OCed and had no problems. Then we went to the new Longhorn Steakhouse at Southpoint II, basically across the street from Walmart. First time OCing there, actually was our first visit there. Good meal, no problems.

  2. #52
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    08-26-06 OCed while grocery shopping at Ukrop's on Rte 3 in Spotsy. Place was very crowded. No problems.

  3. #53
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,617

    Post imported post

    Tricorn wrote:
    Today was my wife's birthday. On our way to breakfast, stopped at Fasmart to pick up the newspapers. Then on to Aunt Sarah's Pancake House on Rte 3 in Fredericksburg. Aunt Sarah's is her favorite breakfast place, she loves their pecan waffle. The she wanted to go to Central Park to the Yankee Candle store. We spent a good amount of time sniffing candles to find the scents she liked. She had trouble deciding, so she bought a whole bunch. One of the sales ladies helped us get them to the counter. While checking out, we joked with them, paid, and as we were leaving, they said to please come back again. Then we went to Giant on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy to pick upthe photos we had developed. Then home for a rest. This evening my wife said she wanted to go to the Log Cabin Restaurant for dinner. We had one of the regular waitresses, so we chatted with her for awhile. We had a great meal. As we were leaving, she said she hoped to see us again soon. Then we were homeward bound. I OCed the whole time and had no problems what-so-ever.
    Hey, Tricorn, your wife and I share a birthday. Sorry I missed the chance to offer my best wishes that day.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  4. #54
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Tess wrote:
    Tricorn wrote:
    Today was my wife's birthday. On our way to breakfast, stopped at Fasmart to pick up the newspapers. Then on to Aunt Sarah's Pancake House on Rte 3 in Fredericksburg. Aunt Sarah's is her favorite breakfast place, she loves their pecan waffle. The she wanted to go to Central Park to the Yankee Candle store. We spent a good amount of time sniffing candles to find the scents she liked. She had trouble deciding, so she bought a whole bunch. One of the sales ladies helped us get them to the counter. While checking out, we joked with them, paid, and as we were leaving, they said to please come back again. Then we went to Giant on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy to pick upthe photos we had developed. Then home for a rest. This evening my wife said she wanted to go to the Log Cabin Restaurant for dinner. We had one of the regular waitresses, so we chatted with her for awhile. We had a great meal. As we were leaving, she said she hoped to see us again soon. Then we were homeward bound. I OCed the whole time and had no problems what-so-ever.
    Hey, Tricorn, your wife and I share a birthday. Sorry I missed the chance to offer my best wishes that day.
    A belated Happy Birthday to you from both of us!

  5. #55
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,741

    Post imported post

    Gee, looks like we have a lot of August birthday folks here in the VA forum! Mine was yesterday - bought myself a pristine little SKS to celebrate!

  6. #56
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    zoom6zoom wrote:
    Gee, looks like we have a lot of August birthday folks here in the VA forum! Mine was yesterday - bought myself a pristine little SKS to celebrate!
    And a belated Happy Birthday to you. Hope you enjoy your "present". Let us know how it shoots.

  7. #57
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    OCed for dinner this evening at Panch Villa Mexican Restaurant in Spotsy. Then the wife needed some items so we stopped at Rite-Aid on Rte 1 and Hood Drive in Spotsy. Quite a few people there, mostly women. No problems.

  8. #58
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Yesterday, 09/16/06, went to the Fasmart on Leavells Rd to gas up the wife's car and get the newspapers. Then on to Giant on Courthouse Rd for groceries. Spent about an hour walking around the store. Later in the afternoon, off toa family get-together. We were on the hook to bring dessert. We went down to Cold Stone Creamery in Southpoint II at Massaponax to pickup an ice cream cake. Place was packed, took us about 20 minutes to decide what cake we wanted and to pay for it. No problems or issues anywhere.

    Happy Constitution Day!

  9. #59
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Took the truck to Rosner Toyota of Fredericksburg tonight to drop it off for some work to be done tomorrow. Service area was packed. Waitedabout 10 minutes to be helped by a service manager. Told them what I needed and left. Then we went to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner (see Resturant Carry). As we were walking in the door at home after dinner, the phone rang. It was Rosner Toyota letting me know the work was finished and I could pick up the truck. So back to Rosner, walked thru the service area and down to the waiting area to pay the cashier. Then back out thru the service area to pick up the truck and then home for the evening. No problems.

  10. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stafford, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    62

    Post imported post

    pourshot wrote:
    So is it or is it not an anti-gun mall?
    VCDL lists Spotsy Mall on their "gun owner unfriendly" list. I stay away from that place except for Costco.

    Unfortunately BB&T is also gun owner unfriendly. They conspicuously post "No Guns" on every branch. Recently I was doing research on this horrendous and unconstitutional "eminent domain" issue and ran acrossinformation that indicated BB&T refuses to finance business deals where the local government invokes eminent domain to allow the business deal (usually development projects) to go through. I sent BB&T a letter commending them on this policy. I also took the time to ask them why they have this anti-gun policy. I asked some very specific and polite questions and asked them to explain the logic of the policy. The response I got back was nothing more than what I guessed was copied out of some policy manual. They didn't bother to address one question I had.... Oh well.

  11. #61
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    OCed yesterday. First had dinner at Vinny's Grill and Pizza in Spotsy. Then went grocery shopping at Giant on Courthouse Rd. Cashier guy asked me if it was a real pistol. I replied yes. I was expecting a follow-up question, but he just went on scanning our items. Then we paid and left. No problems.

  12. #62
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,617

    Post imported post

    presbyreformed wrote:
    pourshot wrote:
    So is it or is it not an anti-gun mall?
    VCDL lists Spotsy Mall on their "gun owner unfriendly" list. I stay away from that place except for Costco.

    Unfortunately BB&T is also gun owner unfriendly. They conspicuously post "No Guns" on every branch. Recently I was doing research on this horrendous and unconstitutional "eminent domain" issue and ran acrossinformation that indicated BB&T refuses to finance business deals where the local government invokes eminent domain to allow the business deal (usually development projects) to go through. I sent BB&T a letter commending them on this policy. I also took the time to ask them why they have this anti-gun policy. I asked some very specific and polite questions and asked them to explain the logic of the policy. The response I got back was nothing more than what I guessed was copied out of some policy manual. They didn't bother to address one question I had.... Oh well.
    I've been toying with the idea of taking this a step further. When a business, or especially, a politician, replies without answering the question, send back a copy, addressed to a person, asking if a staffer responded, or why s/he didn't respond to my question. Then ask the question again, and indicate the response may become part of a published collection.

    Haven't tried it yet. I want to make certain my ducks are in a row
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  13. #63
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    09-29-06 OCed first at Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd for dinner. Then on to Ukrop's on Rte 3 for groceries. Spent about an hour getting what we needed. No problems as usual.

  14. #64
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    OCed yesterday evening. Filled the wife's car with gas at Fasmart. Then went to Giant Supermarket on Courthouse Rd, Spotsy, so the wife could pick up some prescription refills. On to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner (see Restaurant Carry). No problems.

  15. #65
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    OCed this evening while grocery shopping at Giant on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy. Had a fair amount of shoppers. Pretty much covered the store. One family had a couple of boys between 10 and 13years old. I saw the boys eyes get real wide when they saw myfirearm but they didn't say anything,then they continued shoppingwith their parents. No problems.

  16. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    117

    Post imported post

    OC'd on 14 October 2006 at Wawa on Route 17 just north of 95. Stopped to put air in my tires and get a coffee at about 1:30 PM after archery hunting in the morning. The place was pretty busy but nobody seemed to notice...so it was a good experience.



  17. #67
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    10-28-06 OCed while grocery shopping at Ukrop's on Rte 3 in Sposty. Had my first encounter with an anti. We just arrived and I was picking up some bananas when an older women came over and asked if it was a real gun. I said yes. She asked why I felt the need to have a gun in a grocery store. I said one never knows when trouble might occur and I wanted to protect my family since I didn't see any police around for protection. She said I was brandishing a firearm. I said it is not being brandished. She said itis in the out in the open in front of all these kids, she turned leaving, and said she felt threatened as she walked away. Since she broke-off the conversation, I just picked up my bananas and continued shopping. We were there for a good hour. Store was crowded. No other encounters. The local food bank was collecting items out in front of the store so we picked upsome items and gave them to the guy manning the cart. He cheerfully thanked us and we were homeward bound.

  18. #68
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Last night had to go to the in-laws to drop some stuff off. Since it was a nice night, I OCed. Dropped the stuff off (I don't think they would recognize me if I wasn't carrying) and asked the wife what she wanted to do about dinner. We decided to go to La Petite Auberge in Fredericksburg. We parked on a side street so we had about a 2 block walk, about half of it along William St. Had a great meal at La Petite. Walked back to the car. No problems.

  19. #69
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    OCed while picking up pictures atGiant Supermarket on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy. Then on to dinner at Pancho Villa Mexican Restaurant off Rte 1 in Spotsy. No problems.

  20. #70
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ocean Shores, WA
    Posts
    593

    Post imported post

    Tricorn wrote:
    10-28-06 OCed while grocery shopping at Ukrop's on Rte 3 in Sposty. Had my first encounter with an anti. We just arrived and I was picking up some bananas when an older women came over and asked if it was a real gun. I said yes. She asked why I felt the need to have a gun in a grocery store. I said one never knows when trouble might occur and I wanted to protect my family since I didn't see any police around for protection. She said I was brandishing a firearm. I said it is not being brandished. She said itis in the out in the open in front of all these kids, she turned leaving, and said she felt threatened as she walked away.
    Some people just need a good old 3 Stooges poke in eyes.

    She was practicing her 1st Amendment rights, why shouldn't you practice your 2nd?

    LoveMyCountry



  21. #71
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Started the day CCing since it was a little chilly this morning and went to Toys R Us at Central Park to do some Christmas shopping. Picked up a few things for the niece and nephew. When we came out it was warming up so off came the jacket and OCed the rest of the day. From Central Park we went to Aunt Sarah's Pancake House (across Rte 3) for breakfast. No problems. Then home to unload the vehicle. Then we went out grocery shopping. Went to Ukrop's on Rte 3. We were there over an hour. Covered the store from one end to the other. No problems. Then home to unload and put the groceries away. Late afternoon, out for an early dinner at Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd. No problems.

  22. #72
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Had a few errands to run + nice warm evening = OC. Started at Giant on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy to pick up a few things. Then on to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's at Lee's Hill Center off Rte 1. Wife needed some "stuff", so we stopped at Rite-Aid on Rte 1 (across from Ruby Tuesday's). Then home. No problems.

  23. #73
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Needed to run to the grocery store to pick-up a few things. With the temp at 70 deg, good opportunity to OC. Went to Giant on Courthouse Rd (Rte 208) in Spotsy. Although the list was short, we had trouble finding one of the items. Traversed the store twice before finding it. No problems, but the 2 guys working the bank desk (Chevy Chase Bank?) at the front of the store followed me with their eyes from the checkout till I was out the door.

  24. #74
    Regular Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    829

    Post imported post

    Wife wanted to go out to eat. Since it was fairly warm this evening (nice change from the cold weather we have been having), I didn't need a jacket when we went to Pancho Villa Mexican Restaurant off Rte 1 in Spotsy. She drove. After eating, she said she needed gas so we stopped at Wawa on Falcon Drive (just down the road apiece from the restaurant). OCed the whole time. No problems.

  25. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    Just OC'd at Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar over in the shopping center on Carl D. Silver Pkwy. Only got one kinda sideways look from a waitress, but nobody else even seemed to notice, including the people I was having dinner with! This was a little surprising to me since I was carrying a govt. model 1911 so I was definitely not trying to be subtle at all.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •