• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

ron73440

She is still warming up to OC and requires I CC in certain environments because she doesn't want to fall under scrutiny just because she's standing near me. She isn't willing yet to deal with the hassle of an MDA type embarrassing her and ruining our outing. She's a good wife and I'm not going to push her into it.

Be active.

Sometimes it's best to be patient.

It took my wife awhile, but my OC'ing doesn't bother her at all.

Tricorn

OC this past week: Giant (Courthouse Rd - 2X), Wawa (Rte 1 & Harrison), Wegman's. With cooler weather and need for a jacket, OCing will be diminishing as CCing will become the norm.

Tricorn

OC this past week: Lowes (Southpointe), Downtown Fredericksburg - various shops along Caroline St., Giant )Courthouse Rd), Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Lancaster's Barbershop
*While walking downtown, a gentleman was getting into his parked car. He asked if some special event was going on. I replied not to my knowledge at which point he asked if that was my normal attire. I replied in the affirmative. He gave me the thumbs up (I usually receive a different digit) and said it is not everyday he sees someone wearing a really cool hat and carrying a gun. He then drove away.

TFred

OC this past week: Lowes (Southpointe), Downtown Fredericksburg - various shops along Caroline St., Giant )Courthouse Rd), Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, Lancaster's Barbershop
*While walking downtown, a gentleman was getting into his parked car. He asked if some special event was going on. I replied not to my knowledge at which point he asked if that was my normal attire. I replied in the affirmative. He gave me the thumbs up (I usually receive a different digit) and said it is not everyday he sees someone wearing a really cool hat and carrying a gun. He then drove away.
A couple Saturdays ago, they did have an organized day for folks to dress up in historic attire and walk around downtown. It was the kick-off of the holiday shopping season, I suppose. They got a lot of interaction. But none were carrying that I could see. :)

TFred

POPS VA

That is interesting. I have been to Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg @ MWH numerous times over the last few years and they have always had a Slash-Gun sign posted. I was there this morning and the sign was there on the window to the left of the sliding door about eye level. It said something to the effect of guns prohibited except for forensic personnel. Being the Luddite I am, my phone only makes pone calls. It doesn't have a camera.

Tricorn, you were absolutely correct about the gunbuster sign at Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, it is there. While I was there for tests Thursday, the medical tech called in her boss for assistance, he quickly noticed my empty holster and asked what I carried. I told him and then I mentioned my previous visit when I open carried. He said that I wasn't the first one to do it and also said, as a 2A guy he would not have alerted security, however, a few in there would have a problem with my firearm, but not the majority of employees. It turns out that a couple of times a year he invites those interested, to come to his property for a day long shoot and pot luck dinner. Interesting that the administration and employees don't work together to set policy regarding legal carry of firearms. Thanks again for the heads up.

Tricorn

... While I was there for tests Thursday, the medical tech called in her boss for assistance, he quickly noticed my empty holster and asked what I carried. I told him and then I mentioned my previous visit when I open carried. He said that I wasn't the first one to do it and also said, as a 2A guy he would not have alerted security, however, a few in there would have a problem with my firearm, but not the majority of employees. ...

POPS VA - Interesting conversation you had there! Thanks for the update.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNMGoneShooting

Love it.

Open Carried today, went to the AMTRAK station to pick up my daughter off the train, then back to King George - hit up Uncle Daves for Breakfast and had some scrumptious eggs & sausage.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

While I was there for tests Thursday, the medical tech called in her boss for assistance, he quickly noticed my empty holster and asked what I carried. I told him and then I mentioned my previous visit when I open carried. He said that I wasn't the first one to do it and also said, as a 2A guy he would not have alerted security. It turns out that a couple of times a year he invites those interested, to come to his property for a day long shoot and pot luck dinner.

So . . . . . .you're killing us here, bro! You left us hangin in the breeze! Did he invite u to his next 2A shindig, or not? I hate it when people talk about a good time like he did with you, then don't invite you. What a slap in the face.

ChristCrusader

Local Panera store carry

Open carrier spotted in Panera, just west of 95, off of exit 133(b?), Rt. 17 north.
Despite Panera's corporate policy requesting carriers to not bring their guns into their "environment", this local Panera store's manager says that they do not ban firearms. They don't have any gun signs posted. The manager says he's lived in VA for 20 years and he "knows what's up" ;)
I was meeting this gentleman pictured to talk about NOVA. He open carried, I concealed. I spoke to the manager both prior to and during our visit. Before leaving, I thanked him for his support.
20141227_131510-reduced.jpg

Last edited:

MNMGoneShooting

Open carrier spotted in Panera, just west of 95, off of exit 133(b?), Rt. 17 north.
Despite Panera's corporate policy requesting carriers to not bring their guns into their "environment", this local Panera store's manager says that they do not ban firearms. They don't have any gun signs posted. The manager says he's lived in VA for 20 years and he "knows what's up" ;)
I was meeting this gentleman pictured to talk about NOVA. He open carried, I concealed. I spoke to the manager both prior to and during our visit. Before leaving, I thanked him for his support.
View attachment 12302

+1

POPS VA

So . . . . . .you're killing us here, bro! You left us hangin in the breeze! Did he invite u to his next 2A shindig, or not? I hate it when people talk about a good time like he did with you, then don't invite you. What a slap in the face.

Sorry Joe, have not been on this thread in a while. He did offer me an invite when he holds his next shoot, but that won't be 'til warm weather returns. I am fortunate to have a friend who lives less than a mile from me and has a decent range so I can pretty much shoot when I want for free. It makes it nice when testing reloads.