• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

POPS VA

Had a brief but nice encounter today. While walking across the parking lot at the Town and Country Giant store, I noticed a man taking his cart of groceries to his vehicle wearing his sidearm. I was on the phone but stopped my call to stop and thank him for his visible support of Open Carry. He turned and noticed my holstered firearm and thanked me in return and we followed with take care "brother". I went back to my phone call with a smile on my face. Brightened my day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a brief but nice encounter today. While walking across the parking lot at the Town and Country Giant store, I noticed a man taking his cart of groceries to his vehicle wearing his sidearm. I was on the phone but stopped my call to stop and thank him for his visible support of Open Carry. He turned and noticed my holstered firearm and thanked me in return and we followed with take care "brother". I went back to my phone call with a smile on my face. Brightened my day.
It's nice to see that someone else in Fredericksburg besides our esteemed colleague Tricorn has a keyboard. :)

Maverick9

We saw a guy at Home Depot on Rt 3 (Harrison Crossing) last week who had on camo-everything from head to toe, even camo underwear. He was open carrying what looked like a 6" barrel Ruger revolver.

But what I noticed was his suspenders. His pants were a bit saggy, but he had the suspenders attached to his underwear (which is why we knew it was camo).

Big guy, 350', 6'6. He was buying potted plants.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We saw a guy at Home Depot on Rt 3 (Harrison Crossing) last week who had on camo-everything from head to toe, even camo underwear. He was open carrying what looked like a 6" barrel Ruger revolver.

But what I noticed was his suspenders. His pants were a bit saggy, but he had the suspenders attached to his underwear (which is why we knew it was camo).

Big guy, 350', 6'6. He was buying potted plants.
Never, and I mean never, have I heard of such. Sounds more fitting to "People of WalMart." Maybe it was to prevent plumber's crack :lol:

HPmatt

hunting season? don't want to be a target we OC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricorn

OC this past week: Giant, Wegman's
Wife and I went to La Petite Auberge for our Anniversary dinner. I was not carrying as we were going to have a libation or two. We go there regularly and I OC unless I will be imbibing. The Hostess (Sherry) took us to our table and craned around to look at my right side. She said she was checking my right hip to see if I was carrying. She said since I wasn't, she figured we would be having a cocktail (or two). They gave us our desserts and a glass of champagne (each) on the house for our anniversary.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC this past week: Giant, Wegman's
Wife and I went to La Petite Auberge for our Anniversary dinner. I was not carrying as we were going to have a libation or two. We go there regularly and I OC unless I will be imbibing. The Hostess (Sherry) took us to our table and craned around to look at my right side. She said she was checking my right hip to see if I was carrying. She said since I wasn't, she figured we would be having a cocktail (or two). They gave us our desserts and a glass of champagne (each) on the house for our anniversary.
Happy anniversary to you both.

Glad you have survived the rigors of time (I have always said that a successful marriage is a work in progress) and that of being temporarily disarmed by choice.

ChristCrusader

Waffle House on Rt.17 north in Stafford County passed their open carry test at brunch today.
I'm willing to draw a line of distinction between corporate edict and a local store who allows carrying.
Another form of nullification, imho :banana: