• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Fox wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:
zoom6zoom wrote:
Go figure, an Italian restaurant with a Welsh name
Well, Thomas was one of the Apostles, so I guess that Last Supper stuff ties it all in...
If I had my way it would have been my last supper.....there. But the Princess likes the food.
Compromise: Pick it up for her on the way home.
This is what I love about this board!:cool: We discussed that last night;)

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Okay! Went out this morning, needed to stop by the auto restoration shop and show the Princess the paint on the old Mustang, stop by my daughters place so the Princess could see the grandkids and several other tasks.

We stopped by the Waffle House on U.S. 17 for a late breakfast. The place was so disorganized, we waited for them to clear the table and take our orders. It didn't happen in like 15 minutes so we got up and left. On the way out another customer waiting for a table asked me if my pistol was a Sig. I said yes and he asked me if it was a 40 and I replied again yes. We left went across the road to the Ponderosa. It was unbusy and the food was unspectacular. Nothing said about the pistol by either staff or customers. Went down to COSTCO in the Spotsylvania mall. Filled up the car at the gas pumps and then went into the store. Nothing said by staff or customers. Checked out and headed home. On the way home we stopped at Giant on 610 picked up a few small items. Nothing unusual happened there either. All in all a pretty good day.

AtackDuck

imported post

Went into Lowes @ Central Park. Cruisin' down the aisle & I feel a tap on the left shoulder. :question:A woman walks by & says " Nice to see you carrying your gun. My husband does when he's out!":celebrate Very pleasant surprize. I thanked her & we went our own ways.:D:D

Fox

imported post

That waffle house on 17 has always sucked.

Coincidentally the Ponderosa has always been great.

I haven't been down that way in ages, but I suppose some things never change.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to Wawa at Rte 1 and Harrison Rd in Spotsy this morning. Filled the truck with gas then went in and picked up the newspapers. I noticed I was getting a lot of looks as people drove buy while I was gassing up. Don't know if it was my sidearm or my hat, hat was probably more noticeable.

bohdi

imported post

Think Culpeper fits in this one. Went to A Piece of New York Bagel shop in Culpeper yesterday morning. Bakers dozen gets you two of the larger Creame Cheese buckets for free for about $15. No problems, relatively empty of customers, and the bagels were good.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to Giant Food on Courthouse Rd (Rte 208) to pick up a prescription. Chatted with Tom the Pharmacist while they were ringing it up. Then went to dinner at Bivio Luciano Italian Restaurant at the intersection of Courthouse Rd and Leavells Rd. In between our salad and entree, a gentleman (I took him to be the owner) stopped by our table. I thought to myself, "Here we go, he is going to ask about my gun." Nope. He just did what an owner would do, some pleasant conversation with the customers to make them feel welcomed at his establishment. Talked about the nice weather, how he grew up in NOVA, moved out west but missed the different seasons, came back to Virginia. Finished our meal (excellent food), paid, then home.

Tricorn

imported post

Last night (09/25) went toBonefish Grill at Central Park in Fredericksburg for dinner - PROBLEM. Have eaten there multiple times. We were shown to our table. We ordered our soft drinks and I ordered an appetizer. Got our beverages. Gentleman comes over to our table,introduces himself andsays he is themanager and requests I put my gun out in my vehicle. I tell him we have eaten there many times before and have never had a problem. He says it is corporate policy. I ask what has changed, is this a new policy. He says it is corporate policy. I look at my wife, reach for my hat and askmy wife where she wants to go to eat. He says he doesn't want us to leave, just lock up the gun in my vehicle. I say I will not leave it in my vehicle, won't take the chance it might get stolen. He says he is sorry but it is the policy. I reach for my hat and ask the wife where she would like to go for dinner. He says he would like us to stay. I say if you don't want my gun here, I won't spend my money here. He looks around (place was virtually empty) and says since the place is empty, we can stay, but if someone comes in and complains about it I will have to lock it up in my vehicle. I reach for my hat, tell him I will not be interrupted in the middle of my meal and go through this again, if I cannoteat my meal in peace we will just leave now, look at my wife and ask her where she wants to go to eat. He looks around, says to please stay, if anyone complains he willhandle it, he hands me his business card and says he will check with corporate to clarify the policy and I should give him a call to find out the result of his inquiry before we comeback. I said okay and we had our dinner and I kept my gun. Everyone was cordial throughout this encounter. I will follow up with him next week (or so). Then went to Yankee Candle so the wife could use her Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon. Joked around with the saleslady. Then on to Borders, wife needed to pick up a present for her sister and pick up a couple of books for herself. Both Yankee Candle and Borders were uneventful.

Tonight went to Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Spotsy for dinner. Chatted with Becky the waitress No problems.

Marco

imported post

Tricorn wrote:
SNIPLast night (09/25) went toBonefish Grill at Central Park in Fredericksburg for dinner - PROBLEM. I will follow up with him next week (or so).

Fox

imported post

Tricorn wrote:
Last night (09/25) went toBonefish Grill at Central Park in Fredericksburg for dinner - PROBLEM. Have eaten there multiple times. ...snip... I reach for my hat, tell him I will not be interrupted in the middle of my meal and go through this again, if I cannoteat my meal in peace we will just leave now, look at my wife and ask her where she wants to go to eat. He looks around, says to please stay, if anyone complains he willhandle it, he hands me his business card and says he will check with corporate to clarify the policy and I should give him a call to find out the result of his inquiry before we comeback. I said okay and we had our dinner and I kept my gun. Everyone was cordial throughout this encounter. I will follow up with him next week (or so). Then went to Yankee Candle so the wife could use her Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon. Joked around with the saleslady. Then on to Borders, wife needed to pick up a present for her sister and pick up a couple of books for herself. Both Yankee Candle and Borders were uneventful.

Tonight went to Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Spotsy for dinner. Chatted with Becky the waitress No problems.
Very nice. Way to push back and force him to realize he can either infringe on your wallet or your rights, but not both. +1

Tricorn

imported post

Called the manager at Bonefish Grill twice, he was not there both times. Will continue calling.

Thursday (9/27), went toRistorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg for dinner. Place was empty when we arrived. Milton the waiter sat down and we chatted about what is happening in our lives. Joked about work and politics.

Friday (9/28), went toGeorge's Pizza at Five Mile Fork on Rte 3 in Spotsy for dinner. As we were paying passed pleasantries with the owners. Then on to Ukrop's for some groceries. One of the cashiers asked where I found my hat. I told him on the internet.

Yesterday (9/29), went toThe Log Cabin Restaurant on Rte 1 in Stafford for dinner. joked with a couple of the waitresses. Had a long discussion onthe presidential candidateswith the owner. As we were leaving, one of the waitresses asked, "Where is the hat?" I was carrying it in my left hand, I put it on and she said, "That's it, I didn't want to miss seeing it."

This morning,went to Wawa on Rte 1 and Harrison Rd in Spotsy for gas and newspapers. One gentleman who, after filling up his car, came over and said he still remembers the song "My three Cornered Hat" from his school days. We exchanged Have-a-good-day and he went in to pay and we left for home.

Neplusultra

imported post

Tricorn wrote:
Called the manager at Bonefish Grill twice, he was not there both times. Will continue calling.

Thursday (9/27), went toRistorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg for dinner. Place was empty when we arrived. Milton the waiter sat down and we chatted about what is happening in our lives. Joked about work and politics.

Friday (9/28), went toGeorge's Pizza at Five Mile Fork on Rte 3 in Spotsy for dinner. As we were paying passed pleasantries with the owners. Then on to Ukrop's for some groceries. One of the cashiers asked where I found my hat. I told him on the internet.

Yesterday (9/29), went toThe Log Cabin Restaurant on Rte 1 in Stafford for dinner. joked with a couple of the waitresses. Had a long discussion onthe presidential candidateswith the owner. As we were leaving, one of the waitresses asked, "Where is the hat?" I was carrying it in my left hand, I put it on and she said, "That's it, I didn't want to miss seeing it."

This morning,went to Wawa on Rte 1 and Harrison Rd in Spotsy for gas and newspapers. One gentleman who, after filling up his car, came over and said he still remembers the song "My three Cornered Hat" from his school days. We exchanged Have-a-good-day and he went in to pay and we left for home.
I sense a fashion resurgence! Someone said you only have to wait so long and everything will come back into fashion. Where can I get my Tricorn???

Tricorn

imported post

Calledand talked with the manager at Bonefish Grill this evening. Told him who I was and that I was following up from last week to find out if he got clarification on the corporate policy. He asked if we were planning on coming in tonight. I told him not tonight but probably sometime this week. He said to hold on while he checks with his managing partner (doesn't seem to have checked with corporate). He came back on after a couple of minutes and said he checked with his managing partner and it was A-OK to come in. Will go eat there this week and see what happens. Stay tuned.

Went to Ruby Tuesday's at Lee's Hill Center at Rte 1 and Mine Road for dinner. one of the regular waitresses came by and chatted for a few minutes. She asked me where my hat was since the weather was getting cooler. I said it is right there sitting on the chair. She said she loved that hat. After dinner went across Rte 1 to Rite-Aid to pickup a few items, wandered around for about 10-15 minutes, got what we needed, paid, then home.

Sidebar to Neplusultra - I bought my tricorn from Jas Townsend & Son www.jas-townsend.com. Mine had a choice of white trim (like my avatar) or black trim. I got the black trim, wasn't sure how the white would standup to wear and dirt. Put up the white as the black didn't display well.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to Bonefish Grill in Central Park for dinner. Wife and I were seated andordered our soft drinks. The manager I have been dealing with came over in a very friendly manner, welcomed us back, shook are hands, thanked us for coming in again, said enjoy your dinner, and off he went to talk with another table. Had a very enjoyable dinner.