• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

Mainsail

imported post

Tess wrote:
I checked with HR and we do not allow fire arms in the building unless
it is a law enforcement person. Thank You.
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent in return:
Dear Ms. Berres:

How can a building be a law enforcement person?

OMG I love it! I thought I was the only spelling and grammar stickler...

Send them this picture of "Fire Arms"

29195f7c-1456-4b83-a87d-0a366d56a70a.jpg

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks. Probably didn't help my cause, but since I'm not going there again anyway I have nothing to lose.

Shame, too. I like their buffet.

Tricorn

imported post

Thursday (11/01) went to Ristorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg for dinner.

Friday (11/02) went to Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Spotsy for dinner.

Saturday (11/03) went to The Log Cabin Restaurant on Rte 1 in Stafford for dinner.

Eeyore

imported post

OC'd in the Applebee's in Central Park. Don't think anyone noticed. It's hard to tell now that I've trained my wife and mother-in-law to not roll their eyes and make comments any time they see it.

Tricorn

imported post

Weather wasn't bad when we went out to dinner this evening, so I left the jacket at home and OCed. Vehicle needed gas so we stopped at Wawa at Harrison Rd and Rte 1 in Spotsy to fillup. Then on to The Log Cabin Restaurant on Rte 1 in Stafford for dinner. Chatted with some of the waitresses. Place was filling up by the time we left. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

Was fairly pleasant yesterday evening, had to pick up my truck from the body shop, so I decided to OC. Wife drove me over, she needed gas, so on the way we stopped at Wawa on Rte 1 and Harrison Rd in Spotsy. Then on to Grand Prix Collision off Rte 1 in Fredericksburg. Wife dropped me off. Had to wait far 5 minutes or so, several customers doing paperwork. My turn came, completed all the paperwork, one of the young ladies took me out to my vehicle, showed me the work done, explained the warranty, and off I went. Wife said she wanted to go out for dinner. Headed to Ristorante Renato in downtown Fredericksburg. Arrived later than usual, place had a good crowd, several parties going on. Chatted with the waiters - Milton, Juan, and Saul. By the time we finished eating,place was packed. Wished all the staff a Merry Christmas as we left. Then home.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Went out with the princess last night for dinner. OC'ed at King Street Blues BBQ in Stafford on U.S. Rte 1 near 610. No problems encountered. Nice quiet dinner, quite a few patrons.

deircrfan

imported post

Tricorn, I apologize that I have not read all of your posts in this thread, but you seem to have no problems carrying. Restaurants, gas stations, home improvement stores, etc., seem to have had no problems with you carrying...in the Fredericksburg area. Have you had any issues with any businesses? Also, you seem to eat out a lot. I am surprised as much as the wife and I do, we have not crossed paths in some restaurants.

Tricorn

imported post

deircrfan wrote:
Tricorn, I apologize that I have not read all of your posts in this thread, but you seem to have no problems carrying. Restaurants, gas stations, home improvement stores, etc., seem to have had no problems with you carrying...in the Fredericksburg area. Have you had any issues with any businesses? Also, you seem to eat out a lot. I am surprised as much as the wife and I do, we have not crossed paths in some restaurants.

The only business where I had a problem (that I can remember) was Bonefish Grill in Central Park, sometime around the end of Sept of this year. Had eaten there several times before. This was resolved in my favor and we were welcomed back at a subsequent visit.

We tend to eat early in the evening, usually about 5 PM. Most places are fairly empty at the time on weeknights, and service seems to be more attentive, and one canchat with the service personnel, managers, and owners and build a rapport with them. After a couple of visits, they usually start remembering us. Keep your eyes open as will I, sooner or later we are bound to have our paths cross.

Tricorn

imported post

Decent weather, didn't need a jacket this evening, so I OCed on our outing. First stop was Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Sotsy for dinner. Chatted with a couple of the waitresses. We were there early, not many people there. After dinner, it was off to Ukrop's on Rte 3 in Spotsy to do the grocery shopping. Didn't need all that much but we still had to cruise the whole store, took usabout 30 minutes. Then home.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, the princess received her Diploma for her AS degree from NoVA today so that called for taking her to dinner tonight. We went to Bistro Asia in Central Park had a nice dinner, then off to Wal-Mart, and after that to BJ's on Rte 3. No problems, no stares, no startled looks.:cool:

Tricorn

imported post

Went to dinner at Bivio Luciano at the intersection on Courthouse Rd (Rte 208) and Leavells Rd in Spotsy last night. The host welcomed us back and we exchanged pleasantries. The owner came by our table and asked how we were enjoying our meal. We chatted with him a bit. We had a conversation with Tony the waiter about various topics. He asked if my firearm was loaded. I said yes, if it was unloaded it would beas useful as carrying a rock. We got to talking about Barney Fife in the Andy Griffith Show and how he carried one bullet in his pocket.We bid everyone a Good Evening as we left.

This evening we went to George's Pizza at Five Mile Fork in Spotsy for dinner. There was a family (husband, wife, and son - about 6 or 7) sitting at a table diagonally from us. The son kept looking over at my firearm. When they finished, the wife and son left as the husband was getting the money out to pay. He asked me what kind of sidearm I was carrying. I told him and he replied if more people carried a sidearm it would be a safer world and I nodded in agreement. Shortly after they left, a man and two boys sat at that table. The boys were probably between 7 and 10 - one looked older than the other. Both kept looking over at my firearm. We finished eating, paid, chatted with the owners a bit, and left.

Tricorn

imported post

Had some errands to do tonight and with the warm (approaching hot) weather it was an OC evening. First we went to Dameron's Hallmark card store in the Park & Shop shopping center on Rte 1 in Fredericksburg. Wife had a long list of cards to buy - birthdays, anniversaries, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day - so we spent awhile walking around collecting them. Quite a few people in there shopping. We had three people helping us at the register with all we had. Then we went to eat at Guru Indian Cuisine in Central Park. Peopel were starting to fill the place up by the time we were leaving. From there it was on to Borders Books in Central Park. Place was pretty crowded. Wandered around the store, wife had a gift card she wanted to use. She bought a couple of books and 3 music CDs. Then home.

Tricorn

imported post

Fairly warm this evening so I decided to OC on our Friday night errands. First we went to Vinny's Grill and Pizza on Leavells Rd in Spotsy for dinner. Empty when we arrived but filling up fast by the time we left. Lots of families with kids. From there is was on to grocery shopping at Giant on Courthouse Rd. They are in the process of rearranging everything so we had to hunt for our items - aisle by aisle. Seemed most other shoppers were having the same problem we were. Took us longer than expected but we got everything on the list. Then on home. No problems as usual.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to The Log Cabin Restaurant tonight for dinner. Don't know if people were celebrating Valentine's Day early, but there were morecustomers than usual - we get there when they open. There were several people behind me in line at the salad bar. Chatted with both Cindy (our waitress) and the owner. Wife was happy, they had her favorite -Parmesan Flounder -and for dessert they had Strawberrieswith Chantilly Cream. No problems.

DeadCenter

imported post

Gander Mountain - Saturday - Fredericksburg --- OC'ed for hours in there and bought a shot gun. No problems.

Naddars - Restaurant and store -- No problems

Giant on 3 - Harrison Crossing -- All over the store -- Used the self check out -- so you know I/we needed help -- Nothing said, everyone very helpful.

DC