• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

Tricorn

imported post

Wife had a hair appt this evening in Fredericksburg. I went along, good chance to read the paper while waiting. After her appt, we went over to Carl's ( I OCed) for ice cream. Quite a few people, lots of kids of all ages. No problems/comments.

Tricorn

imported post

OCed last night. 1st we went to Vinny's on Leavells Rd for dinner (see restaurant carry). Then we went grocery shopping at Giant on Courthouse Rd (Rte. 208). No problems.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now I know this is not all FBurg, but some might travel these same circles...

I've OC'd @.......

BJ's (rt3 & Woodbridge) (1 customer at WB got pretty upset and complained)

Walmart (C.Park & 610 & woodbridge)

A&W (C.Park)

Carrabba's (C.Park)

Home Depot (610 & Woodbridge)

Lowes (610 & Woodbridge)

Food Lion (S.Shop/610)

Ryan's (2 managers did question us, but decided we were OK)

Burger King (610 & Rt 1, Woodbridge)

Dunkin Doughnuts (610)

Denny's (Woodbridge)

NFCU (C.Park & Dale City)

Target (610)

Bed, Bath & Beyond (610)

Peebles (610)

Kobe's (610)

Staples (610)

Garrisonville Auto (now Car Quest) (610)

Aquia Auto Parts (Rt1 Stafford)

Subway (610 by HD)

PetCo (610)

And others that I cannot think of off hand....

Tricorn

imported post

The following are my recent OCing experiences:

Tuesday, 7/11, had to drop a vehicle off at Fredericksburg Rosner Toyota for some follow-up work.Spent some time in the service area with people milling about. No problems. Then went to dinner at La Petite Auberge, downtown Frebericksburg. Walked about a block and a half through Fredericksburg to get to to and from the restaurant and our car. No problems.

Wednesday, 7/12, back to Rosner to pick up my vehicle. Checked in with the service rep in the service area, then went to the cashier to pay. Cashier is in the waiting area. Several people were waiting. No problems. Went to dinner at Vinny's Grill and Pizza in Spotsy.

Thursday, 7/13, went to Renato's downtown Fredericksburg for dinner.

See Restaurant Carry.

Tricorn

imported post

OCed this morning. (OCing is becoming the norm with this hot, humid weather. It has been awhile since I've CCed.) Went to Fasmart on Leavells Rd to get the newspapers. Then went to Ukrop's on Rte. 3 for groceries. Wife had a short list but we went aisle by aisle and had a full cart when finished. In the store for about 45 minutes. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

Had the day off today. OCed at Fasmart on Leavells Rd while getting the papers. Then on to Ukrops for groceries. Spent about an 3/4 of an hour shopping. Store was fairly crowded, lots of mothers with kids. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

OCed yesterday. First we went to eat at Pancho Villa's, Rte 1 Spotsy. Then had to go to Giant to pick up a couple prescriptions from the pharmacy. Waited in line for maybe5 minutes. While I was waiting,my wife decided to get a few grocery items so she went off to get them. When I got to the counter, it took a few more minutes to get and pay for my stuff. Then offI went on a quest to find the wife. Covered about half the store to find her. She had everything she needed so to the checkout we went. Paid and left. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

OCed tonight. First went to Vinny's Grill and Pizza in Spotsy for dinner. Then on to Ukrop's for groceries. Didn't need a whole lot, but it was fairly crowded and we had to cover most of the store to get everything. There about 30 minutes or so. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

OCed early this evening. Dinner at Vinny's in Spotsy. Then on to Giant on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy. Had to pick up something at the pharmacy. Then picked up a few grocery items. Store was empty. Must be the heat and humidity.No problems. OCing is so much nicer than CCing in this weather.

Tricorn

imported post

08-04-06 OCed while the wife and I grocery shopped at Giant on Courthouse Rd, Spotsy. Place was fairly empty. Got into a pleasant conversation with another shopper, whom I had never met. He commented on my hat (Tricorn) and we talked about the Revolutionary War and related topics. Not one word was said about the .45 on my hip. On checking out, wife got into a conversation with the cashier. Again, not one word about the .45. We went home, unloaded the groceries, and went out to dinner at Renato's, downtown Fredericksburg. Place was empty. We were there early. We chatted with Milton, one of the waiters - we usually get him when we arrive early, for a while. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

Went to Stone Cold Creamery at Southpoint II in Spotsy for some ice cream this evening, OCing. When we arrived, the place was crowded, lots of families with kids. We ordered ours and sat at one of the inside tables (just a few). They also have outside tables, of which there are more. Most families opted for the outside tables. We were there about 20 minutes. Constant flow of people in and out. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

Went out today to visit the in-laws, OCing as usual with this weather. While we were out, the wife said we needed to stop at Dameron's Hallmark Card Store at the Park & Shop Center on Rte. 1 in Fredericksburg for greeting cards. There are a large number of birthdays and anniversaries in August & September, plus she had a coupon. Spent about 15 minutes wandering around getting our cards. Chatted with the cashier as she was ringing everything up. No problems.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've carried in my local Hallmark shop, and had no problems. It isn't posted, but FWIW, Hallmark corporation is very anti-gun, having contributed big bucks to a number of anti-gun organizations. For that reason, I try to avoid shopping there.

"When you care enough to shun the very worst".

Tricorn

imported post

OCed while we took the wife's car to Rosner Toyota Fredericksburg for some minor maintenance this evening. Spent time in the service area, out in the showroom, out in the lot, and in the waiting lounge while we waited for them to finish. Quite a few other customers around. No problems. Then we went to Ruby Tuesday's at Lee's Hill Center on Rte 1 in Spotsy for dinner. Good crowd there. No problems.

possumboy

imported post

OC in the area.

Many stores in Central Park: Circuit City, Asylum, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a few others.

Gander Mountain.

Sears in the mall.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

possumboy wrote:
OC in the area.

Many stores in Central Park: Circuit City, Asylum, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a few others.

Gander Mountain.

Sears in the mall.

Sears in Spotsy Mall?

Attachments

• 100_6231.JPG
    100_6231.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 618

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Did you get written approval before taking that picture of "Mall property"? Since many self defense programs teach you to make whatever you have a weapon, are car keys and women's high heel shoes also forbidden? :p

Seriously, that sign bears little weight in my mind. You only see if as you are exiting the mall unless you turn around. While that sign is at the Dicks entrance, most of the other mall entrances are not signed. There is no signage when you enter the mall from the anchor stores.