• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

MNMGoneShooting

Took advantage of the unusually nice day today to try out the new Rappahannock Heritage Trail addition to the city's Canal Path. A very nice addition to the recreational facilities of the city. The 3.1 mile loop trail was fairly busy today, as one might expect with the excellent weather. I smiled and greeted most everyone who passed me, and got a lot of the same in return. I did not detect anyone who even noticed the M&P on the hip.

TFred

I seriously need to try that path out.
For us this weekend, OC'd True Value Hardware (KG) and the on to Big Dog Outfitters. Then Advanced Auto parts in Dahlgren and Vinny's pizza. Sunday was the easy targets of Tractor Supply and Gander in Fredrock, where I picked up some 511 CC clothing and tested it out at the mall and FF Walmart.

Tricorn

OCed this evening at the Rite-Aid in Ferry Farm. Don't believe I've OCed before at this particular one. But then again my memory is not what it used to be. Get those senior moments now and then.

MNMGoneShooting

Lowes & Cheeseburger in Paradise in Central Park. Was going to try BJs, but chickened out and CCd. I thought I remembered a discussion about them being Antigun, but saw no signs and couldn't find posts on it when I got home.

Routine places also visited: tractor supply, ganders. Pretty day out.

Daughter at Ganders: "Daddy, is your gun loaded?"
Me: "yes, baby girl"
Daughter: "to keep bad guys away?"
Me: "that's right"
(Daughter smiles)

Tricorn

Lowes & Cheeseburger in Paradise in Central Park. Was going to try BJs, but chickened out and CCd. I thought I remembered a discussion about them being Antigun, but saw no signs and couldn't find posts on it when I got home.

Routine places also visited: tractor supply, ganders. Pretty day out.

Daughter at Ganders: "Daddy, is your gun loaded?"
Me: "yes, baby girl"
Daughter: "to keep bad guys away?"
Me: "that's right"
(Daughter smiles)

I OC in BJs all the time. Never had a problem. COSTCO is the one said to be antigun.

Tricorn

Yesterday, made a run to BJs. Spent about an hour there loading up on stuff. The Empress and I had dinner at El Charro Mexican Restaurant next to Food Lion on Rte 3 in KG. Good food, really enjoyed their white sauce for dippng the chips.

lil_shawn1990

I have on a couple of occasions. Never had a problem yet, but most everyone there knows my face.

By the way, Uncle Dave's on RT3 is really good. I had an open carry luncheon there (by arrangement), and they were awesome. Support those guys when you're hungry!

New to the site and still a rookie on OC, been carrying for less than a year. looking for some fellow OC'ers to do some fishing with in the fredericsburg area. Me and my wife both OC, also have a 2 year old. dont own a boat so we stick to bank fishing. i sport the M&P Shield .40 S&W, she sports the Smith and Wesson .380 bodyguard. Daughter sports her attitude. Also new to the area, just moved from north carolina, been here a month. so havent figured out all the fishing spots yet.

Last edited:

lil_shawn1990

Home Invasion Robbery in Fredericksburg

I'm thinking to myself, if someone steals my car (with my registration showing where I live) and the keys to my house... it might not be a bad idea to change the locks?

I heard the shot from this... too close... and why Mr. S&W M&P 9mm sleeps at my bedside.

TFred

well as you know TFred, common sense is not a common virtue.

Tricorn

Wasn't Mimi's Cafe at Southpoint one of your regular visits? Perhaps we should organize a dinner there to celebrate your return to OCDO!

:)

TFred

Been to Mimi's several times over the winter. haven't been there in last couple of months. Heard Mimi's has been sold by Bob Evans to another conglomerate (Duff something-or-other). Heard they changed their menu, made it smaller but still has most of what they had in one form or another (you can check it out online). Don't know about quality, etc..

Due to family/personal issues, I'm not making any commitments/plans.

Did OC yesterday evening at Giant on Courthouse Rd in Spotsy. Pharmacy for a couple of the Empress' prescriptions and our mid-week food stock-up. OCed my 6.5" S&W Model 25 Classic (.45 LC).

riverrat10k

Gassed up the chariot at Wawa @ Rte 1 & Harrison. Then on to Central Park. First stop Yankee Candle. Empress on her last one. Next, Guru Indian Cuisine for dinner.

Nice to see you back on the Fburg thread, Tricorn. Thought maybe you and the Mrs. had emptied all Fredericksburg dining locations of provisions and y'all had moved on to greener pastures!