• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Fredericksburg Area

vaguard

imported post

Thanks guys, I'll look into the Virginia Gun Owners Guide it seems like something I defenitly need to have. Does anyone here OC alot in Stafford? If so where?

Tricorn

imported post

Had a jacket on when we left the house to go out for dinner this evening, but it was warmer than I thought so I took the jacket off and put it in the backseat. Went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's at Lee's Hill Center off Rte 1 in Spotsy for dinner. It was early,a fewother diners there, no problems. After we finished eating, wife said she wanted to go to Cold Stone Creamery at Southpoint II at Massaponax to get a couple of quarts to bring home. OCed there while the wife picked out what she wanted and had them make them up. We were there a good 10-15 minutes. I just sort of stood around waiting. A few other customers came and went. No problems.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It was a warm evening last night so I OC'd while running errands last night. The wife and I did our grocery shopping at the Bloom and then went to the video rental store in The Shoppes at River Club (Rt2 / Tidewater Trail). A few looks but nothing said.

Tricorn

imported post

Warm weather = OC. Went to dinner at Bonefish Grill in Central Park. About half full when we arrived. Not an empty table when we left. Waitress was very friendly and very good. After dinner, went to Borders so the wife could look around. Browsed for about 20 minutes or so. No problems.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It was another warm evening so I OC'd while the wife and I shopped at the Bloom at The Shoppes at River Club. Some people definitely noticed, some watchful looks, but only two "odd" comments.

1.) The produce manager had to help our cashier ring up some loose brocolli for the customer in front of us. A few minutes later, the produce manager went over to the front desk while I was bagging our groceries. She walked directly behind me from my right to my left and there was no way to miss a black holster and pistol on olive color slacks. She basically said, "I didn't realize you had a gun" with a sorta laugh loud enough everyone within a 10-15' to hear. I didn't really react and continued bagging our groceries.

2.) As we walked to the car, my wife said she didn't realize I had my gun. She noticed it while I was bagging groceries and reloading the cart but before the produce manager said anything. I forgave her as she's been under the weather the last few days.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OCd today at the Fredericksburg Expo Center for the Home & Garden show. Amazing I have to tie my sidearm during a gun show, but not during H&G. Anyway....

Soon after I got there, I used the rest room. As I came out, with two older ladies, a toddler broke her balloon. To my credit, I did not reach <grin> - I recognized it was NOT a gunshot. We got our hearts back to normal, and were talking, when one of the ladies looked at me and said "My god, why are you armed?" To which I replied "Have you ever been raped at knifepoint?" After a couple more sentences, one of the two said to me "Good for you."

Several other vendors noticed and commented, but there were no negatives.

Tricorn

imported post

Beautiful weather for OCing.Started off going to the NSWC Federal Credit Union off Rte 1 in Fredericksburg to do some banking. Then down the street to Dameron's Hallmark Card store at Park and Shop in Fredericksburg. Wife needed to pick-up some Easter cards. The on to Bonefish Grill in Central Park for dinner. Great food, great waitress, decent crowd. Then home. Very nice evening out.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

racingglock35 wrote:
When i OC in Here in fredericksburg , Where does the gun need to be while i am driving?

If you have a CHL, it can be anywhere.

If you don't, it can't be "concealed." Opinion varies. Can a LEO see it if he approaches your window? On the seat next to you, or on the dash, is pretty obvious, but runs in to questions of security should you have to stop quickly, etc. In a shoulder rig would, in my opinion, be pretty obvious as long as the rig was open. Again, my opinion.

Dead Center posted a couple of pics some months ago about some other possibilities.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

racingglock35 wrote:
When i OC in Here in fredericksburg , Where does the gun need to be while i am driving?
On your belt? As long as it isn't covered by any clothing, under the seat, in the glove box, or console you shouldn't have any problems. I've never had any problems, but then I've never been pulled over either while OC'ing.

DeadCenter

imported post

racingglock35 wrote:
Before I got my CHP -- I did this.

DC

38ec.jpg

9b59.jpg

racingglock35

imported post

OC for the first time tonight. Glock on the hip , went to central park walmart ,didnt find what we needed so we left. The wife wanted to go to massaponax walmart so we went there . Pretty crowded , no one eye balled me or said anything until we were just about to leave and stopped in the meat section and asked the people at the counter for london broil....he replied "Promise not to shoot before you get it?" i did not reply. Left walmart...dropped the wife at home.. went to bloom because we forgot milk and cheese...no eyeball...not a word said...another peaceful evening.

Tricorn

imported post

OCed this evening at Longhorn Steakhouse in Southpoint II at Massaponax for dinner. Not a bad size crowd. No problems. Then went to Cold Stone Creamery (also in Southpoint II) so the wife could get some ice cream. A couple of other people there. No problems.

Tricorn

imported post

Weather was warmand going out to eat so it was an open carry evening.

Went to Longhorn Steakhouse in Southpoint II at Massaponax for dinner. As we approached the entrance, one of the gentlemen working the reception area came out and greeted us as he held the door open for us. As weentered we exchanged pleasantries. The hostess then seated us. As we were looking over the menu, the other gentleman working the reception area (he seemed to be directing things so I assume he was one of the managerial staff) came over to our table and asked us if we had been there before. I answered in the affirmative. He replied he thought so, that he recognized my sidearm from previous visits. He said our waitress would be with us in a few minutes and, in the meantime,he would take our beverage order. We had a great meal. When we left, the gentleman that had held the door open for us when we arrived, held the door open for us as we exited. We briefly discussed the weather (there were some ominous dark clouds to the south and east). He then said to please come back soon. I replied we would.

After we left the restaurant, the wife said she wanted to get some ice cream so we headed to Cold Stone Creamery just down the road in Southpoint II. She likes to get two or three quarts to take home. As we entered, one of the guys behind the counter welcomed us back. It took awhile for them to make up my wife's order. While we waited, people were coming and going, some with kids. We joked around with one lady whose two little boys were very excited about getting ice cream (one wanted the "blue" and the other one wanted the "green"). We paid and the wife dropped a tip in the tip jar. As we left the counter guys sang a little ditty to acknowledge the tip. Then we went home.

No problems. A very pleasant evening interfacing with some very nice people.