• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else in the Memphis area?

PT-111

imported post

So far, you are the only other Memphis area person I have heard from. I sure hope you and I are not the only 2 in our area who are open carrying.

sig226-40

imported post

I am in the memphis area.off appling and 64. I go to Range usa often to shoot, buy more toys or just to look.Scott and Mike are two great guys there.

robbiev427

imported post

I don't see it too often... I don't get to do it too much because of work constraints (have to be discrete, you know) :)

PT-940

imported post

I am also in the Memphis area (Lakeland to be exact), basically on the corner of Canada and 64. I have always wanted to open carry, but having concealed for so long, it's not easy for me to let go of my reservations.

robbiev427

imported post

I understand. I felt the same way.

I might suggest Bozo's BBQ in Mason as a meeting place (it's not too far out US70 from Lakeland), however, I don't recall if they sell beer. If they do, it's off limits by law, of course.

If they do sell beer, we could still meet there, just not carrying (openly). Additionally, it's a small privately owned restaurant, and I don't know how they would feel about it.

Just a suggestion.

PT-111

imported post

I'm sure we can find a place to meet.
I would like it to be a place where we could all OC. In other words, a place that does not sell adult beverages.

I'm not sure where that would be yet but I am looking for a place. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I hope this happens. I'd like to meet some fellow open carry'ers.

PT-111

robbiev427

imported post

It's difficult to come up with too many places, since many "regular" restaurants sell beer.

A couple of years ago, a group of us in a shooting class went into McDonalds in Lakeland for breakfast.

PT-111

imported post

I am good with IHOP. Or Waffle House.....we could meet for breakfast. Heck, the Shoneys at Sycamore View and Summer would be OK with me. They have a great breakfast bar.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

PT-111

robbiev427

imported post

PT-111 wrote:
I am good with IHOP. Or Waffle House.....we could meet for breakfast. Heck, the Shoneys at Sycamore View and Summer would be OK with me. They have a great breakfast bar.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

PT-111

Any of those sound good.On Summernear Mendenhall, not too far down the road from Summer andSycamore View,there is a pancake shop (named "The Pancake Shop") that has really good breakfast food. That's a good choice, as long as you don't mind sticking to the seat a little.

Let's pick a day and do it. Saturday orSunday morning would be best for for me, for breakfast.

robbiev427

imported post

I'm good this weekend or next also. Name the day and time, and I'm there. Sunday morning is ok, as long as it's enough before 10:00 that I can leave by 10:00.

PT-111

imported post

Well, this weekend just became no good for me. Sorry but we are going to be having company stopping by for a visit from out of town. They are passing through the area on their way to Colorado and will be staying with us Saturday and Sunday morning. So, maybe next weekend.

We'll talk more next week when I know more about our plans.

Sorry.

PT-111

molonlabetn

imported post

I might even me able to make it next weekend... It would be a long drive, but I've been meaning to visit Jackson/Memphis again when I had some free time. I'll check in again next week...

molonlabetn