• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else in the Memphis area?

robin48

imported post

Well we may as well hit IHOP in Millington first. Breakfast then shooting. Man it doesn't get much better than that. Oh and at Top Brass did you notice the bullet holes right over the shooters heads? What's that about?

RonnieH

imported post

Hey, IHOP sounds great to me too. I do love fresh hot pancakes and hot waffles, with butter and maple syrup. A great way to start the day, IHOP and then the range. :p yummy!!

Now, this weekend there is to be a gun show at the Mid-South Fairgrounds. Anyone plan on going besides me and on which day? I have a small shopping list of items that I am looking around for.

My goodness, it is getting late so I will post this and log off.

Regards,

RonnieH

cmatthews40510

imported post

I am based out of Little Rock, AR and travel frequently to Memphis (and surrounding areas) and love the freedomto open carry while I'm there!

If it weren't for King Willy ruining the city and Shelby County I'd be very tempted to relocate to the Memphis area! Doesn't the city of Memphis have street sweepers? people to clean the streets? mow the grass on the sidewalks?

I've never had any issues from anyone, just a few quick glances while carrying.

As stated several times in this forum, it is unfortunate that you have to disarm yourself when entering some restaurants. I love going out to Jim 'N Nicks ... ooh man what a good place. Sometimes I make up reasons to come to Memphis so I can eat there.

Magnum Researcher

imported post

Well as of July 31 King Willy will be stepping down maybe memphis wont be metro murder capital any more and we will get some grass cut around here!

I wish they wouldlift that restaurantcrap.Every time we go eat somewhere they serve alcohol the one thing thats on my mind issome assholestealing my gun out of my truck!

amprecon

imported post

The law where no carry is allowedin places where alcohol is served did alot of good when Shelby County Sheriff's deputy Sgt. Chris M. Jones shot those two at the Wind Jammer last month. Who know's, if those two victims had been "allowed" to carry there it might not have ended so tragically.

Tennessee House Speaker Jimmy Naifeh, a Covington Democrat, killed the bill that would've "allowed" us our right to carry in places that serve alchohol. He wasalso the determining factorin allowing the private information of all us CCW'ers accessable to the public.

amprecon

imported post

This is an e-mail I just sent to TN House Speaker Jimmy Naifeh on his killing of the two bills that would've allowed carry where alcohol is served and the other that kept CCW permit holder addresses private:

Mr. TN House Speaker Naifeh,

I would just like to extend my appreciation to you for killing the two bills that would've allowed CCW permit holders to carry in businesses that serve alcohol and to to keep the private information of CCW permit holders public.

The law that keeps people from carrying firearms where alcohol is served did nothing to stop Shelby County Sheriff's Deputy Sgt. Chris M. Jones from shooting the two law-abiding, un-armedpatrons at the Wind Jammer this past March, for no apparent justifiable reason. Had the two victims been "allowed" to carry, as they should have, Mr. Munsey, might still be with us today. Thank you for your "protection", but no thanks.

I would also like to thank you for permitting the vast number of thugs in the Memphis area to realize the addresses of CCW holders. I can't wait to come home to find them rooting through my house looking for them. Thanks again and we'll see you at election time.

Amprecon

Memphis, TN

crotalus01

imported post

That hypocritcal cocksucker is currently finishing up his CCW permit class in an effort to show he is pro-Second. What a ******* joke. I wouldn't vote forthat bastard for dogcatcher...

flyfishbum

imported post

Hello everyone,
I would like to join the group if possible. I live in the shelby farms area and shoot at Range USA, sounds like some of y'all are very close to my area.

aka_caleb

imported post

I live off of I-40 and Appling across the Interstate from Bellevue(the 3 giant white crosses)

josh(west tn)

imported post

i m new here on the forum. I live in northwest tn.( Obion County),,There are a few of us up here that would come to Memphis one weekend to join yal l